Zeiss Diavari 6-24x56 or IOR 6-24???

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by jcollie, Aug 5, 2007.

1. jcollie

jcollie Member

Hey guys, Im about to purchase a new scope for some long range hunting. Im tossing up between the IOR 6-24 and the Zeiss 6-24. I need a really tough scope that is super reliable and accurate on tracking.
    If I go the way of the Zeiss it will cost me an extra $500USD. Is it worth it????

Id really appreciate some experienced feed back or suggestions.

Thanks

2. Stormrider

Stormrider Well-Known Member

No experience with the Zeiss but the IOR is tough as nails and has very good glass. Disadvantage is that it is 34 or 35mm tube (I don't remember which) and is heavy. However, I sure like mine.

3. cdog

cdog Well-Known Member

I do not have any first hand knowledge, but the boys at Sniper's hide certainly do. From what you are asking and what they say, I think you mite want to have a serious look at U.S. optics. From what they say the only thing more impressive than the scopes is the service you receive!
    I have a burris 8x32 bd and i'ts not bad, but now I wish that I had saved a little longer.
    Cdog.

4. enigma

enigma Well-Known Member

I all most bought one but it was hard to find I needed it now.So I bought a swarovski.

5. LewisH

LewisH Well-Known Member

All I know is that I examined the Zeiss and the IOR side by side at the 2006 Shot Show, and couldn't tell any difference in optical quality,

My shooting buddy has two IORs and loves them.

IMHO the Zeiss isn't worth the extra money, but others may disagree.

6. Black Diamond 408

Black Diamond 408 Well-Known Member

I have two IOR's both are top notch, i have compared it to Nightforce and Zeiss, i cant tell any difference. Yes they are 35mm tubes, the rings are heavy and narrow, that is the only down point i see. Glenn Seekins has the 6 screw alloy rings in 35mm, this would be a good fix IMO.

Dave

7. Chrismadrid

Chrismadrid Well-Known Member

I have to admit I like IOR. I have 3 at the moment. The Early Zeiss were dissappointing - very WHITE image - poor contrast. Not seen the new 56mm - the 72 was improved but I'd still opt for an IOR I think. Zeiss problem for me (as are many IOR) is SFP reticles.

8. jcollie

jcollie Member

Thank you everyone for your opinions!! seems everyone loves IOR scopes! your all starting to influence me......

9. Magnumdude

Magnumdude Well-Known Member

Optical dilemma

I bought a Zeiss 6-24x72.

I LOVE it. The differences show up when the light starts to fade. But, I also own IOR scopes and the glass IS superb.

10. Inukshuk

Inukshuk Well-Known Member

I've also got the IOR 3-18 x42mm and love it. PERIOD. For the price nothing beats it, plus with the MP8 reticle.
    Awesome