Zeiss customer service?

jasonprox700

So according to Zeiss's website, they will change out reticles and turrets for the Conquest lines. So I emailed them in regards to changing out reticles in an HD5 3-15x50 from their zplex to the Z800. No bueno according to their customer service.

I've never had to use Leupold's CS, but I hear they are second to none in regards to warranty and retrofitting. Just thinking about going away from Zeiss because of the lack of options.

Anybody else feel this way?

Also, I haven't mounted the scope yet, but it was going to go on a 338 WM. The scope has the locking turrets with the Zplex reticle. Anybody feel the zplex will be a hinderence on this rifle considering I'll most likely be spinning turrets? As of now, max hunting range for this rifle is 600 yards until I gain the confidence. Steel will be to wherever I feel like practicing to.

I've found their customer service to be very good if you have any repair issues, but as far as customizing turrets and reticle they are pretty rigid about only allowing changes that are offered as normal options for that model. It's frustrating.

If you're already comfortable spinning, the locking turrets on the 3-15 work really well, I don't hesitate to use the plex reticle for long range shooting and hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.