zeiss conquest scope ! very happy

jamie 22/250

well i got my zeiss scope through the post yesterday. its the conquest 6.5x20x50 with no 4 recticial.

1st though was it was very light compared to the bushnell 4200 elite i had before. i guess thats down to it being a 25mm tube and not 30mm

1st got the eye focus in and i was pretty gobsmacked how clear and bright the image is. the crosshair is pretty thick and at long range im sure will be to thick for targets.

i had it because i should be able to lock on to foxes quick in the lamp.
even on 20 mag looking at 300+ yards it was still clear. then i had a quick look as the sun started to set and it could still pick out things clear through the scope what to my eye i couldnt make out.

over all im very happy with the scope and for £400 pound in english money
i dont think it can be beat. and then only by the top end scope in the £1000 price range. here is a pic click the link.
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/jamie1517/Picture042.jpg

i also had a jewell trigger fitted to my mod 70 yesterday. it was abit of work as the trigger guard needed milling and the h&s stock needed milling out so the action would sit in there with out touching.

what can i say the trigger is lovely to use but wont no if i will keep it like that till ive tested it in the field. it seams to break to fast for me but thats because im not use to it at the moment.

i will see how it go's then if it is a bit much i will adjust it so there is abit more travel in the pull

Last edited:
Jamie,

Yep, that conquest is great. I'm "wow'd" by mine. Even without the "fine" duplex retical, small rocks at 1.1K ain't a problem. Fox may be a problem, coyotes probably are not. We'll see.;)

Jamie, nice looking rifle. I am also a fan of the 22-250-Zeiss 6x20x50 combo. I shoot the ruger M77. Good shooting with your new set up. Bill Maylor.

Hard to beat a Zeiss Conquest for the money! They are much lighter than the tactical scopes if weight is any concern. The glass is awesome for the prices. Resolution and light transmission will make most people smile, unless their scopes cost twice as much or more. I think you'll continue to be pleased with it. I consider them one of the best buys out there.

will set it up this week hopefully if the weather stays nice and the wind stops abit. going to set it up on the winchester silvertips for now then somehome loads i have :D 50 grain vmax with varget powder in norma brass

Jamie,
Nice looking rig. Ya' gotta' just love them 'nice' turrets on that Zeiss. Easily read and very defined clicks not to mention wonderful glass. Thought that that little heavier crosshair might be a problem myself, not so far. I've hit everything I shot at. Good luck with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts