Zeiss Conquest Issue

Havingfun

I have a fairly new Zeiss Conquest 3.3x10x44MC with the Rapid Z600 reticle. This is mounted on Remington Short action 325WSM.
I am very satisfied with the overall optics and the reticle but recently (within last few days), I have noted the development of several bits of debris inside the scope which are putting very discernable black specks throughout the site picture. Probably doesn't affect the accuracy but it is distracting and certainly shouldn't have developed. Has anyone else had this happen?
I will be contacting Zeiss but I really don't want to remove the scope from the rifle until after this season is over. Any insight on this issue would be appreciated.
Thanks, Havingfun

I've never seen that with mine (different model-different reticle) but it's only been used on a .223...?? Have got a couple thousand rounds through it now and it's still clear as a bell. If it were mine, I'd surely send it in.

Good Luck.

I have no idea of what is going on with your scope. My only experience with Zeiss service is that when I got mine, a show or demo model, the blue Ziess sticker was missing. A phone call and it was in my hands and on the scope the next day.

Give them a call. I'm sure you'll be pleased.

I'm sure they'll make good on this. I suspect some of the black paint on the inside of the tube has flaked off. If I shoot it some more I suspect some flakes will fall off of the lens and others may appear.

Mostly an inconvenience but not a show stopper.

I'll give them a call on Monday.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.