Zeiss Conquest focus issue at long range

barner107

I recently put a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 on a custom 7 WSM I built. I shot the rifle at 500 yards and it did not seem to focus well - was blurry - but blamed it on heat waves at the range. I just returned from guiding/hunting in Wyoming - and had several occasions that the scope would not focus at long range. Very blurry looking at elk at 600 yards - so bad you could barely make out the elk standing on the open mountain. The side focus and rear does not clear it up.

This is my first Zeiss - normally a Leupold guy - but heard such great things about the Zeiss I gave it a shot. Is there something I am not doing correctly or is there an issue with the scope?? Anyone else have this problem??

Thanks in advance

I would send it back to Zeiss . My 6.5-20 X is great at Long Range , but it is so- so at 100 Yards when Target Shooting / Load Developing . I too am wondering if this is typical of Zeiss or just a fluke .

I have 3 of the 6.5x20s and a 4.5x14. No clairity issuse at all, not up close not way out there. If I get another one and it has either of the previously mentioned issuses it would be going back cuz it ain't normal from what I've seen.

Chris

Same issues with a 4.5x14. I noticed it on the range first, I had to re-focus between shots. Then top end got bad. When scope was removed it rattled. I have 3 of them and this was on a 300 wm and has had some rounds under it. I sent it in but haven't heard from them yet.

Interesting to hear - I write Zeiss and have not heard back from them. I hope it can be resolved - not like it was a cheap $$$ scope.

Thanks for the help

I contacted Customer Service via email and response was very quick with info needed to ship scope to them. If I'd only been as quick about shipping to them I'd probably have it back by now.

I have had only one issue and it was resolved very quickly. It was a tube issue. Have not had any issues focusing at near or way out there with any of my scopes. They are on braked magnums. No issues I own 3 of them.

Just call them and ask what you should do for them to help fix the issue.

10 weeks - ouch!

I did get a reply e-mail and they asked to send it in. I will wait until after my son's December New Mexico mule deer hunt - this rifle is going to be the backup rifle.

Hope to get is resolved - I like all the other options of the scope and the rifle got a couple short range kills on it this year.

Going on three months and no word from Zeiss - gonna give them a call today.

My Swarovski bino and spotter I sent in for cleaning and checkup. Great communication and already returned. They did an awesome job and no charge - they both look like brand new again.

Called today and said the scope needed to be sent back to the factory - but there was no reason why. They said expect the full 10 weeks for any word - keep you posted.

Still nothing from Zeiss - I left another message on their customer support.

Going on 4 months - 16 weeks. So much for a 10 week fix.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts