Zeiss Conquest focus issue at long range

I would guess it went around the world a few times taking this long!!!

I was told US factory - but who knows.

Just called Zeiss again - because they never return my calls or e-mails.

Now I am told a 12 week time for repair or replacement from the factory. I told the service person they have had the scope for over 4 months - which is 16 weeks.

Horrible customer service.

It took them 12 weeks to 're center' my scope after I banged it on a rock and lost over half of my left adjustment. I sent it in beginning of Dec received it back in March. Everything fine an dandy now.
They said the weather really set them back this winter with people missing a lot of work.
That I can understand as this past winter was a frign' bear here in the northeast.
Their factory is in the Virginia's somewhere.

My buddy sent in his Leupold - had it back and repaired in 6 days. Went to Oregon factory - he got an e-mail when it was received and another when it shipped back to him - with tracking.

That is outstanding service.

What burns me about Zeiss is no call or e-mail. Just let the customer know what is going on - not that much to ask.

This will be my last Zeiss product I purchase - many similar products with much better customer service.

This will be my last Zeiss product I purchase - many similar products with much better customer service.

GOOD! That leaves many scopes I'll be able to purchase. Some of you guys act like you are the only person in the world a company has to wait on and service

GOOD! That leaves many scopes I'll be able to purchase. Some of you guys act like you are the only person in the world a company has to wait on and service

++! Precisely and BTW, over here in Europe Zeiss' customer - service is outstanding. Maybe some homemade issues in the US?!

I will sell it to you as soon as it gets to my door - should be brand new.

Are those conquest scope really all that great? I've sent my scope to swaro I had no problems got it back fast,And sent a range finder back to swaro they emailed me when it was done .swaro is great on fixing there optic's.Wish i had the money to have all swaro.

Are those conquest scope really all that great? I've sent my scope to swaro I had no problems got it back fast,And sent a range finder back to swaro they emailed me when it was done .swaro is great on fixing there optic's.Wish i had the money to have all swaro.

Swarovski was great on my spotter and binos - did full cleaning and service last year. Sent emails on the arrival and when shipped back. Great service. Back to me in 4 weeks - just as I was told. I came away from swarovski very happy - and should have stayed with them.

Leupold has been great to me also. Always had great service - especially with their custom shop. Vortex is another great company that stands behind their product with excellent customer service.

I am very disappointed with Zeiss - not that I want special treatment - but I am now at 5 months on a warranty issue for a faulty brand new product. In the words of Deon Sanders - "Come on man!"

I should have stayed with companies I have positive history with over the past 25 years.

Conquest scopes are ok, but have nothing to do with Zeiss' highend products. That's a total different league! Just look up prices, and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Zeiss is still one of the best manufactures in the world, especially if it comes to glass/lenses. Nothing beats lenses made by Schott, part of Zeiss. Even the lovely NF ATACR uses Schott glass. They do know why. Optically and mechanically Zeiss with its highend products is still hard to beat. Swarovski isn't a better scope. For the purpose of LRH the Schmidt & Benders with their huge knowledge and long experience are still the trendsetters. gun)

Swarovski was great on my spotter and binos - did full cleaning and service last year. Sent emails on the arrival and when shipped back. Great service. Back to me in 4 weeks - just as I was told. I came away from swarovski very happy - and should have stayed with them.

Leupold has been great to me also. Always had great service - especially with their custom shop. Vortex is another great company that stands behind their product with excellent customer service.

I am very disappointed with Zeiss - not that I want special treatment - but I am now at 5 months on a warranty issue for a faulty brand new product. In the words of Deon Sanders - "Come on man!"

I should have stayed with companies I have positive history with over the past 25 years.

Did you email or snail mail to the head dude DEMANDING a new scope because of the trouble you have had? They could reach right out and grabbed a new one off the assy line and sent it back to you.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.