• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Yugo 48 Mauser 220 swift varmint rifle

elisgun

Yugo 48 Mauser action stainless steel barrel Remington varmint contour, fluted, 1-12" twist 24" long. It has an 11 degree target crown and the bore is bright and shinny with less than 30 rounds through it. There is a Timney trigger installed and it breaks cleanly at around 2 lbs. It has a pretty walnut stock in excellent condition not a single mark dent or scratch on it. The extractor either needs to be replaced or tuned better to help with feeding of the 220 swift cartridge. It feeds ok just not as smooth as I think it could. And who ever drilled and tapped the reciever for mounting a scope did a poor job. The rear base holes are drilled off center. I put two piece Leupold bases on it and I shimmed the rear base to aid in alignment. I will leave the bases on there. Once I got the scope mounted the gun shot very well with factory hornady 50 grn v-max. Well under moa. I received this in a group trade from an older gentleman and he had a gunsmith chamber and thread the barrel and he did the stock work. He never fired a single round through it. So barrel break in was done by me shoot one and clean for 10 rounds. Then cleaned after every five. I'm asking $450.00 OBO.
This will make a great varmint rifle and a cheap way to get into the swift

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
****!!! I wish I would have seen this, this past weekend!!! I was up in Wimberley, Good Luck on the Sale and Bump on a nice gun!!!!!!!gun)