Youth Stocks?????

shedhunt

Okay, I have some ideas but would like to get some advise before I move forward on getting a youth stock.

I have a browning a-bolt with a factory synthetic stock on it. I would like to keep this stock as is for my son to grown into. So I have been looking for a used youth model stock that will fit this gun or purchasing an aftermarket wood stock and having it cut down to fit.

I am all ears, so please let me know what your thoughts may be.

Thank you...

Shedhunt, ask a smith if the black plastic stock can be cut down and a pad installed or cut down and a slip on pad used. Plastic stocks are not known for accuracy, save up and spend the $$ on a good solid stock for the future. Just my 2 cents. Good luck

You can custom order a Boyds stock with a shorter length of pull as well. However, their shorter LOP stocks only have a thinner pad on them, and you don't specify what caliber the rifle is. If it's a medium sized caliber or larger you'll probably want a thicker pad.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.