Your Picks of the Absolute BEST L.R. scopes

That's why I asked him, because I too am an XTR lover. I have one on a 6.5 Creedmore and it is the Effen ****, there may be better scopes out there, but they ( IMO) are not that much better to justify the extraordinarily higher price of them. The glass is clean, bright, the sub tensions are dead on, the reticle lines are incredibly small, zero stop, illuminated, and extremely well-built, what more do you need.

Title is "Absolute Best". While the Burris XTRII line is a good moderate scope, they are not in the "Absolute Best" league. I have shot behind several. They are not in the Steiner T5Xi league either, and that scope was in my stable for a couple years before I sold it to upgrade.

Nothing against the XTRII for the price point. They are top of their class in that range. But they are no S&B, Premier, TT, etc. Not in glass or controls. But more than 85% of people could wish for.

Title is "Absolute Best". While the Burris XTRII line is a good moderate scope, they are not in the "Absolute Best" league. I have shot behind several. They are not in the Steiner T5Xi league either, and that scope was in my stable for a couple years before I sold it to upgrade.

Nothing against the XTRII for the price point. They are top of their class in that range. But they are no S&B, Premier, TT, etc. Not in glass or controls. But more than 85% of people could wish for.
I do here what your saying, the title does set the tone of the topic!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.