your 1st love? memorable or not

Still have my Winchester 52 Bull Barrel bought used in '65, at Ray's Sport Shop in NJ. Still shoots great.
Mine was stolen along with a Winchester 94 32 win special,a single shot shotgun and a Stevens 22 bolt rifle.
My dad and mom got back together AGAIN and said to leave the guns with a friend of the family we all called uncle and his wife was aunt.
Knew them most all my life and dad knew them almost all his life.He was re-stationed in Fort Knoxx so I left them with my uncle,he used to be a judge when younger he said. He promised that in 18 months the guns will be in the gun cabnit along with his guns but in 18 months he said I had given the guns to him and he gave them to family members.I told him I was going for the sheriff and he threatened me with a law suit.
The sheriff said with only my word I had nothing to stand on.So I lost my whole arsonal at age 14.Still miss those guns.

Yeah I don't know if love is the right word haha…but there are a number of guns that hold sentimental value or represent something unique and irreplaceable to me for various reasons.

I've posted these in another thread but these are three guns that are special to me for reasons including simply because they aren't made anymore.

View attachment 492048
Left to right a husqvarna m98 8x57, a BRNO ZG47 rebarreled to .358 Norma magnum, action made in 1956 in Czechoslovakia, and a savage 99 in .243.
One thing I'll add to my affection of these guns, particularly the European ones in this case, is the quality of the metal bluing. I ain't that old but I hear an old man speaking when I say "they don't make them like this anymore". The husky had obviously been used hard before I got it, the wood has suffered damage and there's marks and scratches and such…and both it and the brno have not even a hint of rust anyway or signs of the blueing deteriorating at all.

I've seen no shortage of guns, both American and European, made later than 1990 that started exhibiting such signs, some within 5 years of their owner buying them - savage and Bergera being especially guilty - yes bergara, a friend has one IN STAINLESS that started rusting on him. And I live in Saskatchewan. It's not a particularly humid place and certainly not a salty one haha, except for the roads in the winter after the salt truck goes by. Absolutely zero reason for that. But the quality just isn't the same. That BRNO zg47 especially…made in Czechoslovakia in 1956, just a tremendously well made piece of equipment. Built to last.

Mine was stolen along with a Winchester 94 32 win special,a single shot shotgun and a Stevens 22 bolt rifle.
My dad and mom got back together AGAIN and said to leave the guns with a friend of the family we all called uncle and his wife was aunt.
Knew them most all my life and dad knew them almost all his life.He was re-stationed in Fort Knoxx so I left them with my uncle,he used to be a judge when younger he said. He promised that in 18 months the guns will be in the gun cabnit along with his guns but in 18 months he said I had given the guns to him and he gave them to family members.I told him I was going for the sheriff and he threatened me with a law suit.
The sheriff said with only my word I had nothing to stand on.So I lost my whole arsonal at age 14.Still miss those guns.
That sucks! I have lost 1 shotgun and 2 rifles over the years. I don't loan them out any more. I trade with my brother or sons. That's it. I don't sell them every.

Until June of 2021, at age 25, just a bit shy of my 26th birthday, I had not so much as touched a gun.
A new job, and relocating north to a large ranch, where guns are a part of daily life, and my new boss handed me a 22 ruger. Went over a bunch of gun safety rules with me, and then doubled me way out onto his land on the back of his ATV. Once there he showed me how to load it, and shoot it. He simply said to me "aim for the stump up there, but don't worry about actually hitting it". Probably 40 or 50 yards away was an old stump, and I began shooting at it, and hit it my 6th try.

I was gifted that 22 ruger, and While it is old and somewhat banged up, it will forever have a special place in my heart.