xr-100 trigger question..

ol mike

I have a xr-100 22-250 they have the xb -old rangemaster trigger.It is externally adjustable supposedly down to 1.5 lbs. i turned mine all the way down and it feels like a 5-6 lb. trigger.

Is there a way to make this trigger better w/o spending a lot of money ?
Trying to figure out whether i should sell it and get a custom action or modify what i have.

Hi i have done trigger jobs on the XR100 Triggers. The internals are the same as any other old style rem trigger. If you have the skils and tools you can hone the sears i re cut the angles and replace the trigger return spring with a lighter one dont touch the sear spring you will get the trigger to 1.5lb no trouble.

Cheers Bill
Australia

[ QUOTE ]
I have a xr-100 22-250 they have the xb -old rangemaster trigger.It is externally adjustable supposedly down to 1.5 lbs. i turned mine all the way down and it feels like a 5-6 lb. trigger.

Is there a way to make this trigger better w/o spending a lot of money ?
Trying to figure out whether i should sell it and get a custom action or modify what i have.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the old XB trigger, but not the old XB trigger spring /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Replace the spring with a lighter one from Brownell's, or on ebay, and the trigger is then fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.