XLR chassis Gen 1 someone to machine fore end weights .

dxlbaile

Bought a xlr chassis here on the Forum.. I need some Fore end weight for this chassis.. XLR was absolutely no help whatsoever, "Buy a new Chassis or have a gunsmith make some." they told me.. "We only make weight for our newer chassis." Not impressed with the customer service.. Anyway, hoping someone can point me in the direction of a Smith, or machinist who can help me out. I live in the mountains of New Mexico so I don't have the luxury.. Thanks..

No idea if the Gen 1 slots are the same size (or at least, similar) to the M-LOK slots- they look to be, just with threaded holes added between them.

Just thinking out loud with no dimensions to work from...but might be possible to modify M-LOK weights to work rather than machining from scratch...

If you have some more specifics I'm sure it's something I could do. Although I seem to be the guy that makes everything lighter, not heavier!

I have lots of steel lying around that would work for this.

If you have some more specifics I'm sure it's something I could do. Although I seem to be the guy that makes everything lighter, not heavier!

I have lots of steel lying around that would work for this.
Where you located maybe I could send chassis?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.