XCR in 338 Lapua Mag.

Remington5r

Does anybody know of a factory 338 lapua mag that does not weigh an arm and a leg and that will shoot at least a 3/4 inch group @100 yards? price wise I want to keep it under $3000. I am leaning toward the Xcr in 338. If anybody has one, how does it perform?

savage 110 with his stock. u can find them some places for 1k . would be perfect... if u want something in the 8 lb range a lapua is not for u.. 10lbs to 11 is perfect..

kasey

I have one. Dont care for the deep fluting, i can only shoot a SLOW 10 shot string. Has 10 shot ES of 22. Fast barrel 2820 fps with h-1000. At 10 3/4 lbs with 5x22x56 nightforce scope it kicks fairly hard. I quickly replaced the AAC break on it for a custom made break that has holes in the top . The stock is the new bell&carlson tatical, i cant tell any differnce from my hs presision stock, but the butt pad. The but pad sucks for a 338 lapua. It is hard as a rock!! It coes with a 40x trigger that is ok, i replaced mine with a jewell. If you replace yours with the same just know that the bottom metal will have to be taken out and opened up in the trigger guard a little so the jewell trigger will funtion properly. Bottom metal is good, like a badger copy. I have 400 plus rd down my 338 lapua xcr remington 700 with no complants. I shoots 5/8 to 3/4 moa. Have shot 3/4 to 1 moa groups at 1600 yards with it . Dec. 26 will take to 2000 yards again and try to get some grups out of it> Hope this helps< chris

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.