338 Lapua Mag

rigmaster10

I have made several post on my 338 Demon. It shoots 3130 w/a 250 gr. bullet. Now its time to build the Lapua and see if it can compare I am wanting to see if I can push the same bullet at the same or better speed. Any load data would be appreciated.

Well I purchased a Savage Longrange hunter in 338 Lapua. And have tried many different bullet and load combos. At first when shot hot w/250 gr. bullets. 4" group at 100yards. I was able to bring the groups in to about 1.5" at slower speeds. So I made the switch to Bergers new 300gr bullet. Worked up some loads and now the rifle shoots an .75-.80" group at 100 yards. I took the rifle out to 1000 yards for some testing. Field conditions were 5-15 mph winds that were stop and go, as Obama would say not optimal.
The rifle consistantly grouped 8"-10" groups save for the occasional flyer which was me, not the rifle. For the conditions I feel the rifle performed exceptionally well. Especially considering that its a 1000$ factory rifle. I would recommend this rifle to anyone.

Data: Rifle-111 Longrange Hunter. Optics-Weaver 4x20 Tactical.
Load: Berger 300gr. Hybrid. 90.5 grs. Vihtavouri N570. CCI Mag primers. Seated about .020 off the lands. 2700 FPS

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.