Xbolt max

I don't mean to laugh, because it's not funny at all. But I've yet to see or hear of one of these shooting worth a hoot. I had one in .300 mag. "Iron worker" on here had one as well. I spent over $600 on components trying every combo I had access to. 4 or 5 different bullets close to 10 different powders. Browning accepts 1.5 MOA from this model and they were on about a 3-4 month turn around to "look" at it. But they made it clear to me that if they were able to get a 1.5 moa group out of it, it was within their specs. I ended up having mine rebarreled ($900) and it shot better. BUT I will say that the stock may seem like a neat one, but it IMO is in fact junk also. If it NOT stiff enough for bipod work. Even with the mcarbo spring installed, if you watch closely (hard to explain, without sounding like my form is garbage) you can actually see the stock flexing enough to make the cross hairs slowly drift down on the target... this may not be the case on I'll of them, but it was on mine. The Max LR was about a $2700 mistake I wish I would have never made. But, I'm glad it happened , makes me never buy another rifle that I cant work on myself. This is just how I feel about the rifles. I know some people love them, but I HATE them. I'll NEVER buy another browning again.

Hopefully you can get yours straightened out.
Yeah I agree, bought my Browning 30 years ago and it has a 5# trigger on it. Smooth as butter and been that way since new. Always have to seat bullet to fit barrel cause the magazine length is always long enough on a Browning. And holds the cartridges by the shoulder not to damage tips of bullets. Doesn't fire if you wiggle the bolt!
Yeah that must be why I still use this gun it's junk🙊🙉🙈

Change bullets. My 7RM (Old SAKO Finnbear) likes 160 gr. Federal Trophy Bonded over 68 grs of RL-25 and Fed 215 primers. Its not an 1:8 twist though -- yours will maybe like heavier bullets. I tried every powder listed as suitable to get 140 gr Nosler Ab in friend and bother's .270 to shoot. They would NOT shoot. Friends loved 140 Barnes TTSX and Brother's loved old school Hornady 140 gr. Interlockt bullets. Nos AB...not so much.

Browning and winchster have real good barrels. I am thinking your trigger is the answer. I know the a-bolt trigger woudl not adjust to 48OZ and you need this in a hunting rifle. I know tht the 7mm mag is real accurate with the 160 AB i will sen you a photo of the win 7mm mag.. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    862.8 KB · Views: 76
QUOTE="Backcountry sports, post: 1869499, member: 111344"]
Mine in 7mm shoots 168 berger vld with retumbo 71.5 1/2 inch 100 yds
[/QUOTE]
My old load for 162gr Hornadys was 71.1gr retumbo @3050. Sub 1/2 moa.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.