Xbolt max

Sheephuntr

Live in a small town south of Boise Idaho called M
I'm having a hard time getting my xbolt to shoot very good. Can't seem to get anything I've tried to shoot under an inch. What are some tips you fellas can give me, any advice is helpful! Powders, bullets, primers, reloading techniques. It all helps.
A7D6D14D-2BDB-4F7A-B73F-5CA71AE4EDAA.jpeg

7rem mag, I've used 175 Accubond long ranges so far with what little retumbo I've had left, h1000 an imr7828ssc all in half grain increments up to max book.
ABLRs can be extremely accurate but, you have to find where they like to be seated in your specific rifle. I shoot these in nearly every caliber and there doesn't appear to be a set "these like to be X off the lands" as some shoot great in close and others shoot best with a huge jump (.130" off lands in my 338 for example).
Try your H1000 and do a seat test with something around 61-62 grains. Start .10" off (or whatever longest mag length allows) and then back them off in .10" to .20" increments until your final test load is .100"-.130" off the lands. Whatever seating depth groups best, use that as your seating depth for whatever other powder you end up trying, should you need to try more.
So in short, do a seating depth test first and then work up your powder charge. Then you can do a final "fine tune" with seating after that if needed.

ABLRs can be extremely accurate but, you have to find where they like to be seated in your specific rifle. I shoot these in nearly every caliber and there doesn't appear to be a set "these like to be X off the lands" as some shoot great in close and others shoot best with a huge jump (.130" off lands in my 338 for example).
Try your H1000 and do a seat test with something around 61-62 grains. Start .10" off (or whatever longest mag length allows) and then back them off in .10" to .20" increments until your final test load is .100"-.130" off the lands. Whatever seating depth groups best, use that as your seating depth for whatever other powder you end up trying, should you need to try more.
So in short, do a seating depth test first and then work up your powder charge. Then you can do a final "fine tune" with seating after that if needed.
How do they do touching lands? I can seat to touch or jam if I need to. I didn't really want to jam them to much cuz i could hunt with it.

How do they do touching lands? I can seat to touch or jam if I need to. I didn't really want to jam them to much cuz i could hunt with it.
Haven't tried touching or jamming them. Like you said, don't really want to on a hunting setup so if they won't group somewhere between .10"-.130" off, then they just won't shoot in that rifle. I have a 6.5 Creed that refuses to shoot the 142 ABLR (but single-holes 140 SSTs) no matter what you do to it. Only rifle I haven't been able to get the ABLRs to shoot great.

I'm having a hard time getting my xbolt to shoot very good. Can't seem to get anything I've tried to shoot under an inch. What are some tips you fellas can give me, any advice is helpful! Powders, bullets, primers, reloading techniques. It all helps. View attachment 185145
just talked to a buddy that shoots 7 mag he told me he had a tough time getting the 175 to shoot but the 168 came in quickly with 64.2 of rl 23 30 thou off the lands I have seen him shoot this rifle and it does shoot very well all the way to 800 longest range we have close

Haven't tried touching or jamming them. Like you said, don't really want to on a hunting setup so if they won't group somewhere between .10"-.130" off, then they just won't shoot in that rifle. I have a 6.5 Creed that refuses to shoot the 142 ABLR (but single-holes 140 SSTs) no matter what you do to it. Only rifle I haven't been able to get the ABLRs to shoot great.
Maybe drop down a weight or change brands then?

just talked to a buddy that shoots 7 mag he told me he had a tough time getting the 175 to shoot but the 168 came in quickly with 64.2 of rl 23 30 thou off the lands I have seen him shoot this rifle and it does shoot very well all the way to 800 longest range we have close
I just used the 175s cuz my brother bought them for his gun an they didn't shoot in it either. Figured I'd try em. I'll probably drop down a weight an see what those will do.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.