x-cal barrels in either ar platform

ARlife4me

I have 1 barrel from them (7saum) that is fairly light for a 28", but it's fluted. Compared to the 22" 6.5prc (McGowen) the x-cal weighs less. The x-cal has a socom heavy non-fluted (.750" gas journal) and the McGowen has the modified hbar spiral fluted(.875" gas journal).

So, here's the questions?

For any our you that has AR barrels from x-cal what lengths (caliber doesn't matter) along with gas journal, profiles and fluting (if it has) does it weigh?

I keep forgetting to weigh the 22" barrels I have. I have a few (one fluted) that I can weigh, but the scale is at my shop now. I'll see if I can get something for you tomorrow.

I'm trying to get ahold of them and get weights based off of thermal fluting per gas system lengths. I'm needing a 28oz 20" 308win if possible in that length. 29oz Willie max weight if it can be achieved? This way I can get my targeted weight of 5# max. The 20" barrel I have on it now weighs 34oz and the complete AR weighs 84.97ozs. Trying to get 5 ozs off.

I have 1 barrel from them (7saum) that is fairly light for a 28", but it's fluted. Compared to the 22" 6.5prc (McGowen) the x-cal weighs less. The x-cal has a socom heavy non-fluted (.750" gas journal) and the McGowen has the modified hbar spiral fluted(.875" gas journal).

For any our you that has AR barrels from x-cal what lengths (caliber doesn't matter) along with gas journal, profiles and fluting (if it has) does it weigh?

Faxxon makes an 18", .308, pencil barrel that weighs 1.97 lbs that I've been looking at to reduce weight and length on my AR. I use it mainly for hunting. It has a 20" tube on it now that is too heavy and too long for my hunting style.

Faxxon makes an 18", .308, pencil barrel that weighs 1.97 lbs that I've been looking at to reduce weight and length on my AR. I use it mainly for hunting. It has a 20" tube on it now that is too heavy and too long for my hunting style.
I might have to go 18", but trying to stay at 20". There has been very few gun parts with a listed weight that actually us that weight. By bolt carrier weighed .25oz more that published and it all adds up to more than projected total that could've saved 3-7 ozs.

I might have to go 18", but trying to stay at 20". There has been very few gun parts with a listed weight that actually us that weight. By bolt carrier weighed .25oz more that published and it all adds up to more than projected total that could've saved 3-7 ozs.
I understand, just throwing you an option. Please let us know what you end up with.