Wyoming tags posted

MachV

Well we didnt .get an .87 tag but did draw a second choice 36 deer tag. Got a dandy out of there a few years ago before it went to a draw area.
Anybody else have any luck in the Wyoming draw?
2012deer%20010.JPG

I drew a mule deer and antelope doe tag. I will be in the eastern part of the state. Ive hunted the same area for pronghorn a few times so I know it fairly well. Looking for my first mulie. I'm excited!

Well we didnt .get an .87 tag but did draw a second choice 36 deer tag. Got a dandy out of there a few years ago before it went to a draw area.
Anybody else have any luck in the Wyoming draw?
2012deer%20010.JPG

Great looking deer!

Explain the drawing to me.

Explain the drawing to me.

Each Hunter must submit a drawing of the animal/s they want to hunt in the area they want to hunt them. The landscape of the drawing must match the tag area so they know you are serious. The game and fish then has a panel of artists, wardens and one member of the public to score the drawings. The highest scores receive a tag based on the number of tags available for each area. It's pretty fun.

Each Hunter must submit a drawing of the animal/s they want to hunt in the area they want to hunt them. The landscape of the drawing must match the tag area so they know you are serious. The game and fish then has a panel of artists, wardens and one member of the public to score the drawings. The highest scores receive a tag based on the number of tags available for each area. It's pretty fun.

Here in Virginia we are overrun with deer. But thanks to meth heads with spot lights, no nice bucks ever survive long enough to spread their Gene's.

I was laughing out loud as I was reading this.

I should have gave him credit for extreme creativity. But seen a picture of a nice deer, and got sidetracked by whining about our German Shepard size deer lol

LOL I completely understand! The part of my post that i lost was an attempt at a simple explanation of the drawing that you are asking about

I should have gave him credit for extreme creativity. But seen a picture of a nice deer, and got sidetracked by whining about our German Shepard size deer lol
So basically the tag is your hunting license and there is a raffle for you to try and win one. You apply for a tag and your application gets put into a system that randomly generates the ones who got the tag. If you don't get a tag you get your money back. It is different from state to state but this basically what it is at its simplest. or its how I picture it at least. There are ways to increase your odds of getting a tag but that may not be the best thing to try to explain in general because like I said, not all states do it the same.

So basically the tag is your hunting license and there is a raffle for you to try and win one. You apply for a tag and your application gets put into a system that randomly generates the ones who got the tag. If you don't get a tag you get your money back. It is different from state to state but this basically what it is at its simplest. or its how I picture it at least. There are ways to increase your odds of getting a tag but that may not be the best thing to try to explain in general because like I said, not all states do it the same.
Thanks for the explanation.
Obviously it's not needed around here. People drive from states around to buy our apples, cherrys and peaches, but not for our hunting.

Thats some funny chit right there and there may be more trueth than we realize to it.
That being said the state is split up into a lot of areas (different areas for different critter), some are draw areas and about half are general areas. The trick is to try to draw the best area possible.....along with thousands of other hunters. To this end I pick a great area with long odds for a first choice, a fair area with a possibility of drawing for a second choice and general for a last choice.....we get three choices by the way.
With deer and elk you have a choice of general areas but with antelope you have to draw one area as there is not a general option.
The freezers still have quite a bit of venison so I chose a long odd elk areas with no other choice, the deer and goat tag I tryed for the best areas available with sure odds to draw a tag for the last choice. So I ended up with no elk tag, a second choice deer tag and a first choice goat tag......meat for the year and a lot of hunting time as we can start bowhunting goats the middle of August and are done buy the end of October.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.