Wyoming non resident drawing has been done

Congrats all on the draw and good luck. I sure miss WY. Spent my first 40 years in Star Valley, hunted the big and little Grey's River a bunch and have tramped around the headwaters of the Yellowstone a bunch as well. Both great draws.

I drew a general elk tag. Thinking about the South-Central part of WY. Anybody ever hunted the Medicine Bow or Sierra Madre areas? Looking for my first elk.

Snowy's and Sierra Madres have lots of elk, but also lots of elk hunters. Close to population centers and lots of access roads for pickups and 4 wheelers. Not trying to discourage you, but don't want you to be disappointed either.

My 2 sons and I drew general elk tags, and will be hunting the Teton Wilderness area, Unit 70, South of Yellowstone. I have hunted elk and mule deer in CO and ID, but this will be my first time in WY, and the first time I have taken both of my sons. My younger son has never hunted out West, so I look forward to getting him set up with clothing, gear and rifle.

My 2 sons and I drew general elk tags, and will be hunting the Teton Wilderness area, Unit 70, South of Yellowstone. I have hunted elk and mule deer in CO and ID, but this will be my first time in WY, and the first time I have taken both of my sons. My younger son has never hunted out West, so I look forward to getting him set up with clothing, gear and rifle.

What outfitter are you going with to hunt unit 70, as over 95% of that unit is designated wilderness requiring a nonresident to have a licensed Wyoming guide?

Castagno Outfitters out of Moran, WY. A good friend hunted with them some years ago, and I spoke with Steve Castagno a month ago when my wife and I were in Jackson Hole for our 42nd anniversary. I have wanted to go elk hunting out of Jackson Hole since I first visited there back in 1978, and now to be able to take my 2 sons on a back country hunt is a dream come true!

Castagno Outfitters out of Moran, WY. A good friend hunted with them some years ago, and I spoke with Steve Castagno a month ago when my wife and I were in Jackson Hole for our 42nd anniversary. I have wanted to go elk hunting out of Jackson Hole since I first visited there back in 1978, and now to be able to take my 2 sons on a back country hunt is a dream come true!

Sounds like you have your ducks in order! Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.