Wyoming mulie

Guy M

BuckA1.jpg

While my buddy and I were glassing a nice buck at about 350 yards, this fellow walked up behind us, feeding, so I shot him instead. Range? Ah.... About 30 yards... So, not a long range shot. Still, it was a fun hunt and he's got a nice tall rack. He's a 4x4 plus the eyeguards. Great trip and met some good people back there in Wyoming.

BTW - second buck now with the .25-06 700 CDL and 100 gr Barnes TSX bullets at 3340 fps - starting to really like this combination! The 4.5-14x Leupold has worked out real well too.

Am indebted to some truly wonderful people who graciously allowed me to hunt their land.

Regards, Guy

Last edited:
Had a couple of offers of help when I ended up with a Wyoming mulie tag and no outfitter. A wonderful couple graciously allowed me to hunt their land and I ended up taking this tall young buck.

It wouldn't have happened without help, for which I'm indebted.

Received more than one offer of help re the hunt - and I am indeed grateful for the offers. It was quite an adventure, driving 800 miles east, to an area I'd never hunted before, then meeting people I'd never met before, who subsequently allowed me to hunt their land and helped me with taking care of the buck after he was down.

Good people made my hunt happen. Thanks! Guy

*This reply added 'cause I forgot to get back to a fellow who offered to help me with the hunt!

Last edited:
So thats what a good WY mulie buck looks like, didnt see them when i was up there:D:D

Congrats, good lookin buck, **** nice, impressive how tall he is!!!

congrats
steve

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.