Wyoming JackRabbits?

dk17hmr

Fairly new to Wyoming, only been here for 6 months, I went out coyote hunting after work tonight, on my way back I saw a few jacks. Can I shoot them at night?

Chas1

How are you hunting them at night? Do you use a light of some sort?

dk17hmr

I will probably use a spot light, last night I just saw them with my highbeams on the truck. I will probably call Game and Fish just to make sure its not that I doubt the wisdom on this forum, I just dont need to be getting in trouble.

My parents are coming out from Michigan this May, my dad is an avid hunter and shooter like myself and I want to get some coyote, p-dog, and jack hunting and shooting in while he is here. About the only time I see Jacks is after sundown.

Chas1

Thanks for responding, so nothing magical about it sounds like just some kinda light source will do the trick.

cinch

LRH Team Member
You can only spotlight on private land with written permission I might add.

dk17hmr

Yea I called G&F today....they said the same thing go ahead as long as you are on private and have written permission. :rolleyes:

To bad theres lots of BLM around here not much private.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.