Wyoming gen elk/gen j deer unit help plz

JERSEYHUNTER

Ok here's what i'm looking for...PLZ..I was lucky to get a 2014 general NR Elk tag an a General area J Deer tag..I plan on being out there from the 10th of oct till i bag one or both game.. My son lives in Cheyenne so he is a resident to the state.. Now he also has all access to the GPS an type's of typo maps where it would just go to his phone/ipod so mapping out an area isn't the trouble?? What i feel we need help in is narrowing down area's to hunt..We can look at maps all day but if the area is not holding game they what good is it...So if there is anyone willing to help us with starting points or pointing us in the right area that would be Great...i know hiking into deep country is part of the game an i will be able to hunt any an all wilderness area lands..Last year we hunted Medicine Bow NF...But we woke up to a major snow storm called Atlas Dumped 3 ft of snow in 2 days, An that was the first of 3 storms in my 2 weeks on the Mountain so we can say hunting was very hard an game very hard to come by,,Hopefully we get snow but not in those numbers..I had 3 spine fusions an walking in the snow is a major killer to my spine/back..Ok my thanks to all that help..

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.