Wyoming

I'd like to do some deer and elk hunting. Hopefully I can get some meat in the freezer but honestly any time spent outdoors is a win in my book. I also think it's important for my son to learn to hunt and all the skills and lessons that go along with it. I've been tossing around the idea of a .257 and I like the idea of supporting Wyoming businesses so I'd like to eventually own a Weatherby. I've stopped by Weatherby in Sheridan a few times to check out their guns. Ultimately I know I should start with something cheaper that won't make me cry when I bang it up in the woods.

I'd like to do some deer and elk hunting. Hopefully I can get some meat in the freezer but honestly any time spent outdoors is a win in my book. I also think it's important for my son to learn to hunt and all the skills and lessons that go along with it. I've been tossing around the idea of a .257 and I like the idea of supporting Wyoming businesses so I'd like to eventually own a Weatherby. I've stopped by Weatherby in Sheridan a few times to check out their guns. Ultimately I know I should start with something cheaper that won't make me cry when I bang it up in the woods.
Another welcome from WY. After you buy a new firearm, scratch it in private, where nobody can see you cry. The next bump is easier. It works for me.

If you think of your firearm as an investment the Weatherby has always done well. The fiberglass stocked models will be much less likely to show nicks and scratches over the pretty walnut stocks. With the added benefit of being more stable from moisture exposure which can make wood stocks shift impact sometimes dramatically. Good luck and enjoy