Wyoming elk

Bucklowery

Ok guys I need a little help. Wyoming elk and you have 10 points what outfitters do you recommend. I know it only takes two or three to draw general tag. I don't want to waste those extra points for a general area if there is a better options I have been waiting 20 years to do this

Thanks

Buck

It stinks that it takes so long to draw a good unit in Wyoming.

Wyoming is actually the opposite......plenty of good to very good units, including some general units, that require 7 or less points. I'd suggest you compare to AZ, UT, or NV. Fact remains though, there are a chit ton of more elk hunters than tags in pretty much every state w/ elk. But lots of good hunts in WY that won't be once in a lifetime like the others states mentioned.

Couple quick questions, what kind of bull are you looking for (real world) and two what is the budget for the outfitter fee?

Dogz provided best question.......7pts will get you a late season hunt (Dec/Jan tag) where you will be able to see 500+ elk and see over 100+ bulls. But trophy quality is 320", with possibility of bigger if good snow year. Message me for more info if interested.

I hear you but 10 years to draw a tag? It seems like a landowner tag in place like New Mexico makes more sense every year
There are a handful of units in Wyoming that take that many to draw. Zero chance I would wait that long. You could have 3 very high quality hunts in that time. Especially if you are paying an outfitter.

Area 7. Wagonhound land and livestock outfitters. I used to work for them.

Attachments

• 494CF46C-C650-4B28-84F8-ECF98E26D954.jpeg
    494CF46C-C650-4B28-84F8-ECF98E26D954.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 117
I don't think I can't swing that but I have been saving for a outfitter. I can just swing by Wyoming for a elk hunt from Florida anytime. It will be a event not just a hunt for me. I have been anticipating this hunt for too long

Thanks

Buck

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.