Wyoming Area 90-Muley

magicofmt

Drew this rifle tag this year, wondering if any body has been there and can give any tips or info on better areas etc... Will be solo hunting and staying in Shoshoni. May need a guide, any recommendations?

wow, Unit 90. How did you hear to put in there. Have you been to Shoshoni. Not much there. If your looking for a motel you better stay in riverton. I know a guide over there you can pm me if interested.

I also drew a tag for 90. I plan to stay in Riverton. I have plenty of time and hope to do a DIY hunt. I'll be in Wyoming the week before antelope hunting so I hope to scout after I grt my antelope. I've driven by the area but never hunted it.

Congratulations, hope you get a chance to put it to good use.

Last edited:
Freddogs how many points did you have if you dont mind me asking. Also did you put in for the special draw or regular. I will be hunting a little south of you in Lander.

I had max points so I put in for a regular license. I put in for preference point last year because I drew an elk tag. I only had time and money for one hunt. This year I have more vacation saved for hunting.gun)

Ya'll hate this, I put in first year no points, drew area 90. Was up there a few weeks ago and that is a huge area. It was green as if it were May I couldn't believe how much water is there this year. Locals said it aint always that way, but it is wet and green this year.

Not much green anymore, except in the creek bottoms and saw quite a few water holes that had dried up. Was scouting this last weekend and it was hot out there! Not many deer either but only scouted on the west half of the unit. The antelope are doing great, saw one 16" plus and one with one horn going down and another with 3 horns, one normal on left and right had 2, one out and one down, really weird.
Anyone on else been out in this area?

Yeah I am not sure who told you to put in for 90 either however there are deer there and there are some monsters. last year i found a pair of muley sheds that grossed just over 180. but they are few and far between. I drive through 90 once a week and i see some deer so you will see some I am sure. Where are you staying in shoshoni?? If you still need some help send me a PM i may be able to get away to come help.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.