Wyoming 1 Mile shoot!

RMulhern

No.....no scopes! All tang sights! And quite a few hits throughout the days event held up north of Rusk, Wyoming!

WyomingTerritory1MileShoot2007.jpg

To find the target....there's a table at right side of photo; go to the left end of table and come up a ways and the white spot out atop the butte is the target!

Here's the target:

Meanwhile.1mileback.jpg

Last edited:
I know where lusk is, just couldn't find rusk.
New to the state, so I figured it might be an old town.

what kind of bpcr are they?

I'm very interested in bpcr target shooting (silhouette). But I need others opinion on what rifles are best for making shots at 1000 yrs before I drop a grand or more on a bpcr. Help!:confused:

Troy,
First of all, welcome to the forum.
There is a good number of cartridges that will get you to 1k with a regular bolt rig.
Why don't you start a new thread and give us some specifc things you have questions about and what you want to accomplish.
Plus, just reading through some posts that interest you and hte on-line articles will give you lots of ideas and ways to spend you money.

Sharpsman,
To bad a specialty handgun can't play with you guys:D

What brand of rifle?

Troy

Shiloh Sharps up in Big Timber, Montana makes the best '74 Sharps around, and then there's the 1885 HiWall rifles like the 1885 Browning, and Meacham Rifles out of Idaho makes a top notch shooter as well! I have all these brands and they all....shoot EXCELLENT!

Look around on the internet and you can find much info!

Type in Shiloh Rifles Forum....in Yahoo or Google and go to that forum! Much good info there!

Xphunter Thanks for the reply. My goal is Silhouette shooting. ever since I read an article in Guns mag 2008 annual about silhouette shooting in Raton NM I,ve been burning up the Internet I really like brownings 1885 hw, but the Sharps has proven it's self time and again. Can a 1885 stand up to a Sharp?

Thanks Sharpman. I,m Leaning hard toward A highwall. The next question is whichone( Taylor, cimmaron, sharps,Navy, Browning, Winchester). which Company puts out a good solid BPCR for your buck? Ballards out of the question!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.