First shoot of the season

ENCORE

I'd removed my scope to make an adjustment suggested by Leupold and had only put the rifle on paper at 100yds.
This forenoon turned out fairly decent to set the turret on the scope and get the zero at 200yds. As can be readily seen, I need to polish MY winter's rust off. First shot was just me, first shot of the season. I sent 3 more rounds and although they were pitiful, it did indicate the need for a 2" horizontal scope adjustment. I made the adjustment, then sent 3 more ro...unds and went to check the target. At first I wondered rather my 2" adjustment was done when my head was someplace else. Then it dawned on me...... DAH, I hadn't taken into consideration the wind, which had steadily increased.
I'm shooting due south and stopped in the middle of the field to check the wind. The wind was NNE at 8 to 12mph and just enough to have made the difference. Maybe just checking it at the bench isn't such a great idea?

Last 3 shot group at 200yds wasn't that bad for all MY winter's rust. I checked the 300yd range I'd marked off in the other field and most of the area was fine. However where the target would be placed, it was very muddy so I held off shooting 300 for another day.

That is some very nice "group therapy" you've got going on there. I'm still waiting on the Brown Santa Clause to bring me all my goodies. . .afterwards I'll give you a range report on the loads you suggested for my rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.