Wyo Task Force - Nonres Comments!

Neighboring Colo offers 35% of deer, elk, and antelope tags to nonres. As an added bonus nonres can hunt elk each and every year in OTC units in Colo.

There is no lack of opportunity for Wyo resident big game hunters with current quotas! They can hunt general deer and elk units each and every year. They can hardest around 3 elk, 2 buck deer, and 2 buck antelope. I've lost count of how many doe and cow tags are available. If a Wyo resident doesn't have a full freezer at the end of each season there is something definitely wrong!

Draw odds for good to excellent deer, elk, and antelope tags for Wyo residents is the best in the entire country and 90/10 will barely improve these draw odds!

In regard to young nonres hunters. I pulled my son out of several species draws several years ago in Wyo because of the soaring price of pref pts with poor draw odds. What have been obtainable tags for elk, deer, and antelope in recent years will have impossible draw odds for young kids just starting out applying.

Wyo has been a great place for those living in the midwest to sample Western big game species not available in their states (mule deer, elk, and antelope). It's sad to see the hopes and opportunity of those young hunters vanish with 90/10.

Yeah but license and tag sales only make up 61% of the annual revenue. And honestly I'd bet 90% of nonresident hunters could give 2 ***** about the welfare of the department or Wyoming for that matter. They just want a tag to kill a animal. And I would also bet us Wyoming residents will gladly pick up the slack.
Yup same here. We used to stop in to the game and fish office just to chat and buy t shirts or what ever out of the gift shop because we felt their game and fish actually cared. They were always extremely nice and willing to swap a few war stories for a bit before we jumped back in the truck.

Neighboring Colo offers 35% of deer, elk, and antelope tags to nonres. As an added bonus nonres can hunt elk each and every year in OTC units in Colo.

There is no lack of opportunity for Wyo resident big game hunters with current quotas! They can hunt general deer and elk units each and every year. They can hardest around 3 elk, 2 buck deer, and 2 buck antelope. I've lost count of how many doe and cow tags are available. If a Wyo resident doesn't have a full freezer at the end of each season there is something definitely wrong!

Draw odds for good to excellent deer, elk, and antelope tags for Wyo residents is the best in the entire country and 90/10 will barely improve these draw odds!

In regard to young nonres hunters. I pulled my son out of several species draws several years ago in Wyo because of the soaring price of pref pts with poor draw odds. What have been obtainable tags for elk, deer, and antelope in recent years will have impossible draw odds for young kids just starting out applying.

Wyo has been a great place for those living in the midwest to sample Western big game species not available in their states (mule deer, elk, and antelope). It's sad to see the hopes and opportunity of those young hunters vanish with 90/10.
Just because they have the opportunity for that many tags does not guarantee a full freezer by any means. They call it hunting and not killing for a reason. And the added pressure from NR hunters just decreases the odds of filling said freezer even harder.

So us non residents should really stir the pot in the sense that because we won't be able to draw tags we can go shoot rocks in September during the elk rut or do the same during deer season while residents are trying to hunt.

A quick google search of Wyoming fish and games web site tells me that 48 percent of the land in Wyoming is owned by the Federal Government And the state owns another 5.6 percent.That makes 53.6 percent of Wyoming is public owned. Which makes me want to say that Non residents should at least have 48 percent of the tags available to us. So we have the opportunity to hunt our own land. That we pay for with our tax moneys to the Federal government.

So us non residents should really stir the pot in the sense that because we won't be able to draw tags we can go shoot rocks in September during the elk rut or do the same during deer season while residents are trying to hunt.
It was joke, but like you said it's public land you can do what you want. I'm not a bow hunter so bang away all you want in September. I do. And there's no shortage of shooting going on during general season on the public land as it is anyway. Name of the game in public lands…

Haha
A quick google search of Wyoming fish and games web site tells me that 48 percent of the land in Wyoming is owned by the Federal Government And the state owns another 5.6 percent.That makes 53.6 percent of Wyoming is public owned. Which makes me want to say that Non residents should at least have 48 percent of the tags available to us. So we have the opportunity to hunt our own land. That we pay for with our tax moneys to the Federal government.
Hahaha. This should stir the pot

Aren't idaho deer and elk non resident tags capped at the same number they've been at for like 10 years now? Yoy arent seeing more non resident plates you are being conditioned to look for a boogie man- you know what Idaho does have a lot more of than 10 years ago? Idahoans and wolves

differentiating sportsman by the area code they live in is the most asinine bs ever purported. Every feasible combination of American has the potential to be an absolute slob or a good outdoorsman.
I had written a response complete with statistics and logic to debate with you, and then realized I was wasting my time on a written platform.
I will admit, the two points you referenced (more wolves and people), are correct. The added layers of this would be best discussed over a beer in person.
Agree to disagree for now.

Maybe they should have private land tags and federal Government property tags. Residents can apply for private and state land tags. United states residents can all apply for BLM, Forest service, and other Federal government property tags. A guy could open a helicopter service delivering people in and out of land locked federal property.

Maybe they should have private land tags and federal Government property tags. Residents can apply for private and state land tags. United states residents can all apply for BLM, Forest service, and other Federal government property tags. A guy could open a helicopter service delivering people in and out of land locked federal property.
Or maybe NR should only be able to hunt with an outfitter