Wyatt's Box Question

What do you mean on making sure it feeds properly, problems are you seeing when instwhat alled?
Edd , I seen Wyatt's boxes that won't load from the top properly. You would have to push the loaded round forward towards the chamber. Then slide it back into the box.The option was loading them from the bottom. I did not like either option. I know you can adjust the feed lips to help. I have 3 Wyatt's boxes and they load from the top too. No problems with them.
I also have had the spring replaced to help with feeding.

Ok another couple questions.

1. How much clearance should you have for your loaded round compared to mag length ?

2. in a 338 RUM or 28 Nosler how much should you figure you will need to chase the lands over the barrel life?

Thanks again
Dave

Check out the Wyatts MBE-3. It's an extended box (3.825"), but it's Remington style.

I know a lot of people are running the 28 Nosler, w/ 195 Bergers, at 3.6"-3.7". That would give you .1" or a little more to chase the lands.

Sorry, no help on the 338 RUM.

Thanks to both of you for the information. I just didn't know if there was an accepted rule of thumb when it comes to how much you will need to chase over a given barrel life. I am working on deciding what my next builds are going to be so I have all the pieces you normally have to wait on when I am ready to start. the reamers are one of those parts.

LRH member Mikecr seems to have better than average knowledge about loading ammo. I believe he has stated there is no reason to chase the lands.

It's a longer mag box. Some of your custom actions come cut for one. On a Remington you have to mill the action towards the back for it to fit.

The Wyatts box turns the RUM into a different cat with heavy bullets. There is one drawback that's never been an issue, just an annoyance to me. If you do it to a stock Remington action, it is possible for the bolt to bind if you work it fast. Still works but you can feel it. The factory bolt is pretty lose and there is not a lot of meat left. Not sure this is normal or a ganging of tolerances on my rifle. That being said, I'm totally glad I did it.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.