WY draw results

How many points did you guys have that got drawn? I just started and bought 1 point of deer and elk last year so I wasn't expecting to get drawn this year. I only put in for the general area.

WOW!, I thought 4 would have drawn a general this year. I have 4 now and considered entering the general, I really thought 4 would have been a lock.

Seem like WY point creep is accelerating.
Me too. I thought it was a lock and had the hunt all lined out. Pretty bummed right now

It's a PITA when you talk to outfitters and the tell you with 2 points you are All but guaranteed a tag but then you see guys with 4 get denied. I'm guessing if you apply through an outfitter your chances go way up with 2-3 points.

I got lucky, drew a non-res cow/calf tag in WY. I've never hunted WY, so the learning process needs to pickup some.
A cow tag isnt that hard. Bull tags are. A buddy of mine drew a cow tag with no points, and killed one. Am buying a pt this year and waiting for a bull tag. We've got a area pretty wired for both deer and elk. Last year we went 5 of 6 for bucks on blm land. And the 6th could have killed a decent buck but passed. On blm land you cant be too choosy. He has a soybean/corn farm in OH and is spoiled. I love WY. But my advice is to get there 3 or 4 days early and acclimate while you scout. And carry a pistol, if you dont have a rifle on you, and while scouting, you cant.
Last year a buddy had a lion stalk him while he drug his buck out to where I was picking him up on a 4wheeler. He was waiting at a small rocking opening to a small central valley in this range for an hour or so, 2 other hunters came by and jumped the lion about 30 yards from him. They never saw it but he did. Could it have just been hanging there? Yes. But it could have wanted that deer as well. And there were fresh kills through out the area, deer and elk. So get a concealed carry permit, if you dont have one, so you can carry when you want. Where we go theres not many bears. But a few lions for sure. I carry a 10mm with solid copper bullets for penetration.

A cow tag isnt that hard. Bull tags are. A buddy of mine drew a cow tag with no points, and killed one. Am buying a pt this year and waiting for a bull tag. We've got a area pretty wired for both deer and elk. Last year we went 5 of 6 for bucks on blm land. And the 6th could have killed a decent buck but passed. On blm land you cant be too choosy. He has a soybean/corn farm in OH and is spoiled. I love WY. But my advice is to get there 3 or 4 days early and acclimate while you scout. And carry a pistol, if you dont have a rifle on you, and while scouting, you cant.
Last year a buddy had a lion stalk him while he drug his buck out to where I was picking him up on a 4wheeler. He was waiting at a small rocking opening to a small central valley in this range for an hour or so, 2 other hunters came by and jumped the lion about 30 yards from him. They never saw it but he did. Could it have just been hanging there? Yes. But it could have wanted that deer as well. And there were fresh kills through out the area, deer and elk. So get a concealed carry permit, if you dont have one, so you can carry when you want. Where we go theres not many bears. But a few lions for sure. I carry a 10mm with solid copper bullets for penetration.

No CCW required in Wyoming. Constitutional Carry State.