WY antelope hunt near Casper

freddogs

Everything is kind of quiet now. I have my tag. I'm doing some shooting, working on loads. Even though I have plenty ready to use. I was wondering what everyone else was doing to ready themselves. Anyone know a good motel to hunt out of in Casper? Maybe I should go scrub the coolers out and freeze some ice. Six weeks to go....

I've worked up a good load in my rifle, now I have to start all over for my daughter. She's working 200 yds from a bipod now, hope to hit 300 next week or so. I'm letting her (12) pick the hotel. We drew 72.

I'll be hunting out of a wall tent with 3 buddies on area 26. Bought a new rifle (Tikka T3 Lite .270) for antelope this year and I feel fine out to 300 with it and won't hesitate if the right buck presents himself at 400 with no chance of getting closer.

Now I have to drag out the camping gear, make sure it is clean and ready and get the car ready for the drive from Ct.

I'll be leaving in about 4 1/2 weeks. CAN'T WAIT!

I spent a night at the Motel 6 in Casper last year, it was clean and quiet but I ended up camping at the Barr Nunn KOA. I'm still working up loads for my Striker .308. I want to get to 300 yards with it before heading out to Wyoming, we are not going until the 2nd. week of October.

Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.