• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS/WTT: Remington 700 .260 rem build parts

• Thread starter Deleted member 48126
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 48126

4 long range rifle projects, work, and family has me a little overwhelmed at the moment. This was going to be a .260 Remington build on a long action Remington 700, but I do not have the time, money, or patience to wait for my other projects to be complete before I can get started on this one. Specs are as follows:

Brand new take off Bell and Carlson M40 Remington 700 LA stock: $200

Brand new rifle basix trigger: $100

Badger ordnance 30mm scope rings (WARNING: have been extremely lightly lapped, my gunsmith inspected them and said there was no metal taken off only paint, as a result badger ordnance will not honor their warranty): $100 (normally $170).

And now the barrel....

Originally a 6.5x284 with 350ish rounds down the barrel. My gunsmith inspected it and said the rifling is clean and not damaged. The rechambering was done by a fellow forum member, not by me. Specs are the following:

Krieger, Stainless Steel polished to 400 grit
8.5 twist
26 5/8"
Muzzle threaded 5/8-24 tpi x .550" long
.715" counterbore
Remage style, nut not included, thread length 1.5"
Heavy Target/Varmint contour, .915" muzzle

This was formerly a 6.5x284 that I chopped the chamber off and re-threaded. Chamber was centered to about .0002", threads cut, pre-drilled, taper bored then finish reamed: $200.

If you do a package deal I'll sell for $575 shipped. If not a package deal full price plus shipping (I don't want to be running back and forth to the post office all day) :D

With some learning, a rem 700 long action, and a little bit of time you could quite easily have a semi custom, long range rifle for under a $1000! I'm literally overwhelmed with my gun purchases and projects so this has to go. For a trade I will do a full trade for a custom ruger 10/22. I am looking for a conservative looking, Bull barreled, custom trigger ruger. Looking for a turn-key only, no parts. Thanks for your time! gun)

PM me or Text 786 - 442 - 4045

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 11
Does this barrel.have a shoulder? Not familiar with remage but like the caliber alot. Please text me at 210-837-6742

Stock and rings sold.

.260 barrel: $175 shipped

Rifle basix trigger: $85 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.