WTB triple beam scale

cowboy

Anyone out there have an older Ohaus, RCBS or equivalent triple beam scale that they are no longer using and would be willing to sell that measures in grains. I have a son now into long range shooting and he lives about 3 hours from me. Needless to say he has made numerous trips home just to reload. We have nothing against the new digitals but just prefer the mechanical beam type. I have an old 3110 Ohaus and it has never given me one ounce of trouble and it has been checked 100's of times with certified weights.
Thanks guys - (oh yea and gals too)

Thy show up on ebay occasionally.

I fully agree with your low opinion of digitals. Electronics is filled with magic and, sometimes, hexes. (Spent some 15 years as an instument repairman in the space/defense business.)

Beams work off gravity, alone. Gravity never fails, never drifts, never needs to warm up, doesn't care what the line voltage is. What's not to love?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts