WTB Sheep books

Discussion in 'Sheep Hunting' started by CHS, Aug 11, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. CHS

CHS Active Member

I am Looking to see if anyone happens to have a copy of jack o Connors book sheep and sheep hi tong that they would sell. And for those of you that have read it was it a good and helpful read I am also looking to see if anyone has any other good bighorn sheep hunting reads

memtb likes this.
  2. squeezenhope

squeezenhope Well-Known Member

O'Connors book is a good nostalgic read, but alas, his sheep hunting world no longer exists, with few exceptions. We can only dream of some of the packtrain hunts he made. One thing that is better now is hunting desert bighorns in the Southwest. He was an early voice as to what restoration would take and fortunately some of that has come to pass. His book is almost always available on Abe Books, although it has gotten kind of pricey.

3. CHS

CHS Active Member

I have seen them there but was wondering if someone could shed light on one of their favorite big horn books I live in Idaho and dream of the day of being successful with a sheep tag

4. memtb

memtb Well-Known Member

While I’m not going to part with it.....check-out Great Rams and Great Ram Hunters by Robert M Anderson. Great stories and photos from some of the greatest sheep hunters and hunts from the past. I don’t think that you will be dissatisfied! memtb

CHS likes this.
  5. wyosteve

wyosteve Well-Known Member

The late Duncan Gilchrist published several on Montana rams. Good, easy reads.

CHS likes this.
  6. CHS

CHS Active Member

I may have to look into that