WTB Sheep books

I am Looking to see if anyone happens to have a copy of jack o Connors book sheep and sheep hi tong that they would sell. And for those of you that have read it was it a good and helpful read I am also looking to see if anyone has any other good bighorn sheep hunting reads
Two excellent additional books are:
Desert Bighorns - Arizona's Mountain Kings by Tom Saad
Return of Royalty - Wild Sheep of North America by Toweill & Geist

Return of Royalty is more of a coffee table book pics of sheep. Safari Press has books by Jack O'Conner that are informative. I just purchased his "Hunting on Three Continents" for which the first volume discusses sheep hunting. Another book of sheep hunting is by Batten. Look up the author online. There are many book offerings at Safari Press.
Now, after having suggested these I will say that sheep hunting in the lower 48 is very pricey and difficult to draw a tag. To hunt in B.C. is again pricey but very do able. You might want to consider an unlimited sheep hunt in the lower 48. But, there is no guarantee drawing a tag or for that matter even getting a chance to take a bighorn. Desert bighorns can be hunted in Mexico, but pricey. Dearest bighorns can be hunted in NM and Arizona by drawing a tag but tough to draw.
I would recommend an Aoudad hunt to begin with. There are many outfitters in west TX. Also, there are many exotic sheep to hunt in TX and in Hawaii. Attempting to talk my wife into Hawaii for our 50TH and I could hunt sheep while she lays on the beach. Time will tell.
There are Ibex in the Florida mountains in New Mexico, draw only. Tough hunt, very handsome animals. There over the counter Aoudad tags in SE New Mexico. Very low percentage hunt. But, a sheep hunt none the less.
Do not know what you desire in a way of a hunt. Albeit there are many ways and means to go about what you want in a sheep hunt.
Here is a true adventure suggestion. Consider a hunt in New Zealand for Red Stag, Himalayan Tahr, Arapawa sheep, Fallow deer and more. We will be returning to NZ for our second hunting trip this coming a June 2020. This is a true grand adventure. Something to provide great memories, great trophies and scenery that has little comparison.
There are ways to have great hunts. Plan and dream. If I can be of help PM me. MTG

Return of Royalty is more of a coffee table book pics of sheep. Safari Press has books by Jack O'Conner that are informative. I just purchased his "Hunting on Three Continents" for which the first volume discusses sheep hunting. Another book of sheep hunting is by Batten. Look up the author online. There are many book offerings at Safari Press.
Now, after having suggested these I will say that sheep hunting in the lower 48 is very pricey and difficult to draw a tag. To hunt in B.C. is again pricey but very do able. You might want to consider an unlimited sheep hunt in the lower 48. But, there is no guarantee drawing a tag or for that matter even getting a chance to take a bighorn. Desert bighorns can be hunted in Mexico, but pricey. Dearest bighorns can be hunted in NM and Arizona by drawing a tag but tough to draw.
I would recommend an Aoudad hunt to begin with. There are many outfitters in west TX. Also, there are many exotic sheep to hunt in TX and in Hawaii. Attempting to talk my wife into Hawaii for our 50TH and I could hunt sheep while she lays on the beach. Time will tell.
There are Ibex in the Florida mountains in New Mexico, draw only. Tough hunt, very handsome animals. There over the counter Aoudad tags in SE New Mexico. Very low percentage hunt. But, a sheep hunt none the less.
Do not know what you desire in a way of a hunt. Albeit there are many ways and means to go about what you want in a sheep hunt.
Here is a true adventure suggestion. Consider a hunt in New Zealand for Red Stag, Himalayan Tahr, Arapawa sheep, Fallow deer and more. We will be returning to NZ for our second hunting trip this coming a June 2020. This is a true grand adventure. Something to provide great memories, great trophies and scenery that has little comparison.
There are ways to have great hunts. Plan and dream. If I can be of help PM me. MTG
And, West Texas now has Desert Bighorn hunts by drawing only. Texas has been working hard to reestablish the Desert Bighorn in new area. Look up some interesting videos posted by the Texas Dept of Wildlife on You Tube.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.