• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Wtb savage long action

long range dogr

Like the title states. Looking for a savage small shank long action,with a magnum bolt face. Looking for a complete action. Accutrigger prefered. But I will look at ones with aftermarket or professionally tuned triggers. Action screws and trigger guard are a plus! As is the barrel nut.....

dogr,
I have a long action for sale. Built right for a hunting rifle. Started with a new Stevens cf action, added dbm from SSS, steel trigger guard, big bolt handle, gunsmith tuned 3 screw adjustable trigger set at 2 3/4lbs. I have nut, lug, screws, and several types of scope bases. It has the 308 bolt face so that would have to be changed(I can help you if you can't do that). Fired less than 50 rounds and changed gears on my project. I live 25 miles from Eaton if you want to see it. $300
Regards, Mark

Mark,

I'm interested! Do you know hom much is is to swap the bolt head? And can the dbm take magnum cartridges? I'm wanting to build a 7mm mag. This will be my first "true" long range hunting rig.

Bolt heads are $25 at Brownell or Midway and I've seen them for $20 on this and other forums and this one could be sold or traded to offset that expense.
Magazine boxes are the same dimensions except the feed rail lips. I don't know if it would be practical to change those lips or just get another box for about $8-10. A new magazine is $45.

I've got a left hand long action with magnum bolt head with a sav 1 trigger I would let go for $325 shipped and could also include a choate ultimate stock with it for an additional $100.

L/A RH Mag bolt- tuned L E accu trigger !lb- Barrel nut & recoil lug 350.00
Hinged floor plate -with extended coal 7mm mag box
& steel trigger guard with H&S precision Stock off a Sav FCP 475.00

Last edited: