• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

WTB Help

On low power you will benefit with SFP as an FFP reticle will be all but useless at 2/3 power, however, if Zero Stop is important your options in FFP are more abundant.

Light weight and quality puts you squarely in Leupold and Swarovski

Glad to discuss this with you if you have a few minutes to give a call, 516-217-1000

Doug

Looking for recommendations on a hunting scope. Having a custom rifle built snd would like to put a good scope on it. Heres the basics of what im looking for:

Around 3-18 power, wouldnt consider anything higher than 3 for the low end, but lower is fine. I hunt brushy areas at times and have had higher power scopes cost me shot opportunities.

I also hunt open country so looking for something long range capable that dials and tracks well. Elevations vary greatly so having a custom dial may cause problems with that? Wondering if just standard turrets are better, or intrigued by Swarovski BT if that adjusts easily for change in elevations.

I dont plan on shooting past 600 yds at animals but i will at steel.

Also its a lightweight package so heavy nightforce and razors are out.

Want zero stops. And i like reticles similar to b&c leupold or 4w or brh swaro, something that gives you quick references without needing to dial.

Interested in recommendations and why you reccomend them. Also ready to buy.

Thanks in advance

I have always had very good luck with the Bushnell brand, clear glass, track well, and very affordable, (especially now, 1/2 price at MidwayUSA). I have 2 Nitro's and 1 Legend. For the ranges you are suggesting sounds very similar to the topography where I reside, brush and open up to 1000 yds. The Nitro or the Forge would be my recommendation. I don't think you will be disappointed for the cost and the quality.

Thank you. David. If i went with leupold it would be a vx6hd 3-18x50.

I like the 44mm objective fine but it sits a bit high off my wifes rifle with low rings. Might as well run a 50mm if its going to sit up there. Ill probably add a thin cheek riser to the comb.

The vx6hd and zeiss are comparable in price. Both expensive in my book. But if i find the right deal ill buy one.

Anyone using Swarovski BT with success or comments?

Looking for recommendations on a hunting scope. Having a custom rifle built snd would like to put a good scope on it. Heres the basics of what im looking for:

Around 3-18 power, wouldnt consider anything higher than 3 for the low end, but lower is fine. I hunt brushy areas at times and have had higher power scopes cost me shot opportunities.

I also hunt open country so looking for something long range capable that dials and tracks well. Elevations vary greatly so having a custom dial may cause problems with that? Wondering if just standard turrets are better, or intrigued by Swarovski BT if that adjusts easily for change in elevations.

Want zero stops. And i like reticles similar to b&c leupold or 4w or brh swaro, something that gives you quick references without needing to dial.

Thanks in advance

The 3-18 Zeiss is a really nice scope. Great glass and I like their turrets and reticles. It would be hard to beat it. I've had the 5 and 6 HD Leupolds and they're very nice, but I just prefer the Zeiss. It seems a higher quality to me.

Interested in recommendations and why you reccomend them. Also ready to buysc

Thanks in advance
i have two Z5 Swarovski 3.5 x18's that I use on my primary hunting rifles, .257WBY and 7STW. Excellent glass for my eyes. Just returned from a successful hunt in Texas, great low light vision. You might want to have a look Steiner scopes as well. I got on a few months ago and really like it.

Thank you. David. If i went with leupold it would be a vx6hd 3-18x50.

I like the 44mm objective fine but it sits a bit high off my wifes rifle with low rings. Might as well run a 50mm if its going to sit up there. Ill probably add a thin cheek riser to the comb.

The vx6hd and zeiss are comparable in price. Both expensive in my book. But if i find the right deal ill buy one.

Anyone using Swarovski BT with success or comments?
Mine is the first generation but as new. A thou and it is yours.

Check out Darrel Hollands website. If you're going Leupold, S&B, etc his Advanced Reticle Technology (pattented) scope stadia lines are great. No dialing. Just hold on the right line for distance and fire. I've got several and love them.

https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-viper-hs-lr-4-16x50-dead-hold-bdc-moa-riflescope.html

I have this scope in the larger 6-24x50 FFP on a custom 300 RUM and it is awesome. I believe the smaller version is a SFP but I may be wrong!?!? However, it is lightweight has an excellent turret system, capped windage knob, BDC reticle that is very user friendly and it's backed by one of the best warranty's in the business. You can spend more to get less with Leupold, Swar, Zeiss, etc. For a hunting set-up this would fit the mold. I understand you wanted to stay with a 3x power but its tough to find one that fits the rest of your requirements.

I'm currently in the same boat as you, have ordered my lightweight (6lbs) custom rifle and have been researching lightweight optics. I went to various sporting goods stores and looked at everything that has already been mentioned. Yesterday UPS delivered my scope of choice and it is a little heavier than some of the other mentioned optics on this thread. However, it is far superior to every optic I touched and looked through in the price point ($1500-$2500).

Ok so what did I order? I ordered the Nightforce 2.5-20x50MOAR. This scope will sit on top of a Fierce CT Edge in 300 PRC, a few extra ounces with this optic is only going to help reduce recoil. If it doesn't, oh well because I already know and expect this rifle to shoot straight and accurately out to a 1000 yards if I do my job as the operator!?!?

Get your hands on every optic you can and put each of the scopes through there paces to include zoom, variable objective and turret operation. When your looking at optics at these prices you can get 99% of what you want, tough to squeeze that last 1% into them! Good luck with your search

Thanks in advance
leupold vx6 hd with the tmoa reticle should fit your needs perfectly I have several and have had zero issues