• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

WTB Help

Thanks for all the input guys! Keep it coming!

https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-viper-hs-lr-4-16x50-dead-hold-bdc-moa-riflescope.html

I had that same vortex. Cost me 2 nice bucks. Took it off and sold it after 1 season and would never have 6 be my low power again. That being said i like vortex, but i think the razors are probably too heavy. How much does your nightforce weigh? Reticle? I havent seen a NF reticle i really like for hunting yet, but i havent spent much time looking.

My rifle should be around 6.5 lbs also 300prc. What did the total weight end up at?

I have this scope in the larger 6-24x50 FFP on a custom 300 RUM and it is awesome. I believe the smaller version is a SFP but I may be wrong!?!? However, it is lightweight has an excellent turret system, capped windage knob, BDC reticle that is very user friendly and it's backed by one of the best warranty's in the business. You can spend more to get less with Leupold, Swar, Zeiss, etc. For a hunting set-up this would fit the mold. I understand you wanted to stay with a 3x power but its tough to find one that fits the rest of your requirements.

I'm currently in the same boat as you, have ordered my lightweight (6lbs) custom rifle and have been researching lightweight optics. I went to various sporting goods stores and looked at everything that has already been mentioned. Yesterday UPS delivered my scope of choice and it is a little heavier than some of the other mentioned optics on this thread. However, it is far superior to every optic I touched and looked through in the price point ($1500-$2500).

Ok so what did I order? I ordered the Nightforce 2.5-20x50MOAR. This scope will sit on top of a Fierce CT Edge in 300 PRC, a few extra ounces with this optic is only going to help reduce recoil. If it doesn't, oh well because I already know and expect this rifle to shoot straight and accurately out to a 1000 yards if I do my job as the operator!?!?

Get your hands on every optic you can and put each of the scopes through there paces to include zoom, variable objective and turret operation. When your looking at optics at these prices you can get 99% of what you want, tough to squeeze that last 1% into them! Good luck with your search

At the earliest my rifle will be ready in July, maybe as late as September. I'm not concerned, it will be ready when it is ready. I've been told it will weigh between 6lbs & 6.5lbs, we shall see???? My Nightforce weighs 28.3oz but it feels much lighter than it actually weighs. I got my scope with the MOAR (622) reticle, it's going to be a sweet addition to a awesome rifle.

Again, I looked at everything on the market and SFP just doesn't work for me because of the change in distances with different magnifications. If you plan on always being able to shoot at max magnification or have a magnification that works for you great. But in the field, we don't get to determine when and where our target is going to present itself.

I'm biased because I just dropped $2k on a scope but I can tell you that having that 8x magnification and all the other options that the NX8 offers is hands down better than the the competition including the extra weight!

That is a beauty! Wow. I think i would consider the weight for all those features. Bit out of my price range though

I found mine on Amazon, all other outlets seem to be out of stock and on back order. I've seen a used one for sale on this website as well as on SniperHide.com

No, you have to scroll through the ads...last time I saw an NX8 2.5-20 was about a month ago...asking price was $1800-1850.

I may have found you one....wait for it....