• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB: Custom .338 Rifle

kdumph

Headed to the reserves and for the first time in six years am going to be around to go hunting for things with 4 legs for once. Also getting back in reloading so if you have the dies, bullets so on for the rifle even better!
Open as to the type of .338
Looking for a packable under 15 pounds 1000+ yard capable elk rifle.
I know there are countless options so I'm going to keep it pretty open since my experience here is rather limited.

Headed to the reserves and for the first time in six years am going to be around to go hunting for things with 4 legs for once. Also getting back in reloading so if you have the dies, bullets so on for the rifle even better!
Open as to the type of .338
Looking for a packable under 15 pounds 1000+ yard capable elk rifle.
I know there are countless options so I'm going to keep it pretty open since my experience here is rather limited.

There is a 338 Lapua Imp on here on the second or third page, it has some of the best components and is a complete package. I have one almost identifical from Kirby Allen and it will exceed all expectation with accuracy and energy at 1k easily....good luck to you and thank you for your service...god bless and welcome home

Thank you for the PMs and offers, very glad I was turned onto this site!

I have a 338 Edge that I just don't have time to shoot I may part with.

Its on a trued savage stainless action with a tuned trigger that breaks crisp at 2.5lbs.

30" McGowen barrel with break

Choate tactical stock with full length bedding block

Either EGW or TPS 20moa base

SWFA 20X42 scope with either swfa rings or burris xtr rings

I have shot it 25 times and easily shoot sub moa and have not messed with different charge weights, just tried shawns most accurate load H1000, 300SMK, CCI primer, and Remington brass.

Shoot me a message if your interested in it.

One more try before I go ahead and just place an order for a custom. Rifle must be under 15 pounds with scope. Thank you for the offers so far.

Too bad you passed I have a thousand rounds of ammo and brass mix...nearly 500 factory rounds, lots of bullet.......just lots of stuff for this.

I am getting too old to shoot mag rifles......

Thank you for the offers guys, but decided to do have one built new. Thank you!