WTB a Big ***

OK Roy time to show us the pics. Going to get interesting as you start to train him. Bruce

Roy: Things are getting a little boring around here. It is definitely time for an update on your trusty stead. Hopefully you haven't just turned that long ears out to get a belly full of spring green grass. :rolleyes:

Roy: Things are getting a little boring around here. It is definitely time for an update on your trusty stead. Hopefully you haven't just turned that long ears out to get a belly full of spring green grass. :rolleyes:

Hmmm, I'm on the wife's iPad and can't post pics so I'll give ya some words.

First, in summary I wish I'd of found something like him years ago. He's gotta be the mellowest jack ever born. Follows ya around like he's a goat. Ain't nothin' like a horse. I don't know anything about horses either.

I scrounged a Downunder poley saddle in Pennsylvania. Dirt cheap. Shipping brought it to over $200. Didn't wanna spend much as I'm making a custom on a butch Cassidy tree. If a western saddle is like wearing boxer skivvies this Aussie thing is like wearing a jock strap. The only way to fall out of it is for the animal to go upside down while airborne.

Donk's sure process a lot. This fella will stare at a white spot a mile away as if he's in a trance. (Maybe he is?) the all of a sudden start moving again. I'm thinkin' he's doin math problems in his head.

A good thing is, like all studs he craps in the same spot every time. Makes getting fert for the wife's flower beds pretty simple.

A bad thin his the he takes a leak the same way. Turns the grass brown and has a darn heavy smell. Not bad though. I kind of like it. Quite manly.:rolleyes:

He has only been lead around for 15 years and then in an ill fitting nylon rope halter. Doesn't know squat about flex and balance.

Kinda weird that he uses his upper lip like an elephant uses it's trunk. Likes to play with the lead rope and stuff.

When he doesn't like whatcher doin he'll "put" his teeth on ya. Not bite. Just opens his mouth and puts his teeth on ya. Can't be a good thing so he's being broke do that.

Seem he has to check out the details of the stud pile before he uses it. Thus ya gotta pick out his feet daily or the start smellin' bad. Pretty easy to do but still a PITA.

As soon as I get a bit more flex in his neck I'll jump in the middle of him. Don't expect any problem with buckin' but wanna ensure I have enough control if we come upon a hot mare. I know nothing about stud behavior either. Don't want any wrecks...

I'd nut him but I think he shows a bit of a gait at times. I'll find out when I get some miles on him. If he's baited his worth will go up considerable.

I'm gonna strap on my gopro tomorrow and post a vid of him singin' to ya. He doesnt sound so good be he sure seems to like it. I think what sets him off is the he plays porrno vids in head.:rolleyes:

More to come....that otta holdya. 'Sides my thumbs are gettin' tired.

Here's some pics

The one laying down was before I clipped him. Clipped him this morning. He only kicked when I jabbed his back feet with the clippers. He even warned me first. I getting to like this old fart.
he
He's very laid back. But ya can tell he still has his stones. Handling wise pas coming along nicely. I'll be riding him in a couple of days. Hope to verify he is gaited somewhere along the line. I notice a gait at times in the pasture.

If he's gaited I otta be able to gen some $ to finance some hunts. Like I've ever been that fortunate. :roll eyes:

The pic laying down was before clipping. Dropped under 15h with the clipping. Plus he doesn't look nearly as heavy. I doubt he makes 850 pounds or so. No matter what he's gonna haul my butt around…

Note the fine lines! :D

Also included a pic of the saddle I'm gonna build. Will be identical to the pic except for the stirrups and color. It's gonna be a rough out. Why? Cause I like 'em.:roll eyes:

I'm going for light weight not yankin' cows around.ta
He has 15 years of zero discipline thus the ground work is gonna take a bit longer. I should be in the middle of him later next week. Sure wish I had an arena or round pen. Gonna give it a go in a 20 acre wetlands pasture. We'll see.

PS: had to put down the goat in the signature. Kidney failure. He was my largest and best one. Cost me a hundred 50 bucks for a dead goat. What kind of a deal is that. . .

Attachments

• IMG_0505.jpg
    IMG_0505.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0528.jpg
    IMG_0528.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0534.jpg
    IMG_0534.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0535.jpg
    IMG_0535.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 4
  • AA Saddle right side.jpg
    AA Saddle right side.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 10
Spent some time this morning letting that sucker teach me to teach him how to drive. Walked around the section. Would have gone much quicker if I wouldn't have had the donk along.:roll eyes:

Too many distractions. When attached by dogs he have to put some words on them. Can't do that and walk at the same time.

Too many herds of horses. Had to stop and talk to them also.

Then there was that cute little jenny. It was love at first sight. They talked one hell of a long time. Took awhile to get him away from that spot. He wasn't the same after that.

If he doesn't watch out he's gonna get the knife. Wonder if that will change him from baritone to tenor?:D

Also finally settled on a name.

It is:

"Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez" or in the heat of the moment "Dumb ***" for short.

Gonna get some videos of these conversations along the way. Pretty funny how many people came out to see what the hell was going on. And the houses are pretty far apart around here.:)

Then there was that cute little jenny. It was love at first sight. They talked one hell of a long time. Took awhile to get him away from that spot. He wasn't the same after that.

Once upon a time a rural knocked on a door answered by his equally rural neighbor. In this case a 6 y/o boy. He asked for the boys father, Not home sir. Your mother? Not home sir. Is there any one else home son? No sir, but I know pretty much what goes on about the place. My folks keep me busy and involved, and I'd really like to help you.

A thoughtful pause, followed by a sigh, and Well son, what I'm here about is your brother Bill, has got my daughter Lucy pregnant! Do you understand?

Yes sir, but it looks like I can't help you. I know pap is getting $250 for the stud, $200 for the bull, and $100 for the jack, but I got no idea what he gets for Bill.

Moral is, if your going to walk that thing set some rates.

Harperc,

Wife says "Dumb!!!" can't you and your friends talk about something better than that?

My reply "Nope"

Next thing I know I get punched! :rolleyes::D:roll eyes:

BTW, frost again this morning. This'll be the 3rd time the rhubarb will have to restart. WTH?

There's lots of BIG AZZES that come into the place where I drink coffee every morning!! All their cars need shocks and springs on the driver's side!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I can see it coming. . .

Here comes the the bear or cow or what ever. Way too close for an LR shot. Just gotta be patient. The tension builds. It's going to move through that small opening in the timber. I'll have a second or so to make the shot.

Closer she comes. Heart rate climbs. Breathing increases. Start to sweat.

Then . . .

[URL=http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t583/Roy_Chiappini/IMG_0589_zps0fe3ecb9.mp4][/URL]

And that was just the tail end of it……...

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.