• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB 6.5-300 wsm dies

i bought a new set of f/l lee dies on ebay about 3 years ago. they were my first experience with lee dies. i changed out the lock rings but other than that
i found no reason not to buy others.

Hello, I have that exact set of Lee dies that were mentioned earlier and have decided not to build a rifle in this caliber as I have a 260, 6.5-284, and a 264 Win Mag. I also have a few hundred 270 WSM brass that I won't be needing anymore as well. PM me if interested.

Thanks,

Brandon

270 brass is the way to go as it is the same dimension as 300 wsm and is easy to neck down to 6.5. simply run it thru the f/l die and thats it.
that said this is a hot cartridge and i like to run it hot. i found i can do that better with norma brass.

I bought the Lee dies for the 6.5-300 WSM first as they were significantly cheaper to get me started with reloading this cartridge. However, it became readily apparent that the dies were on the less expensive side when I tried to seat VLD bullets and got a deep ring on the bullet from contact. For standard hunting bullets this set will work fine but the longer Match bullets require a different set up.

I bought these a few months ago but I added the micrometer seater:

Gunstop Reloading Supplies - Redding Reloading Dies

These work great especially with the new seater. Yes they are expensive but I don't have to fiddle around and the ammunition I load is top notch for competitions.

Regards.

Your right, I got a good buy on a new set of Redding from a dealer today
Now all I need is a reamer.