• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB - 243 AI once fired Brass and dies

Long Dog

I am looking for 100 pieces of 243 AI once fired brass (Lapua Prefered, will consider other brands) and a set of dies. Please PM me if you have either of these items and want to part ways with them.
Thanks

Are you looking for brass because you don't want to fireform? If that is the case you can buy a set of Redding Bushing Dies for about $55 and send them to Trevor at Cloud Peak Gunworks and for an additional $110ish he can build you a set of Hydraulic form dies that will form your cases to hold about 99.8% (water) of fired cases. Then after you form all 100 cases you just load and shoot. You can remove the parts that made it a hydro form die and use them as a resize die. Shoot him an email and he can fix you up. I had him build me a set for my 243AI and my 6.5-06AI and they work great.

CPGfan-
That is correct. Trying to decrease the amount of bullets down the tube for no more reason than to break in the barrel and fire form the brass.

I have considered the hydro dies as an option, but am exploring to see if anyone has brass they want to part ways with first. If not, I will just buy 100 pieces of Lapua brass and hydro form it.
Thanks for the input.

Back to the top for one more shot at seeing if anyone has some brass they want to part with.