WT doe tenderloin, it's what's for dinner ...

FEENIX

Pan-fried WT doe tenderloin marinated overnight in white truffle oil, roasted garlic, rosemary, and sea salt blend, and ground jalapeno pepper.

Barely made it to the plate. YUM!

WT doe tenderloin 1 of 3.jpg
WT doe tenderloin 2 of 3.jpg
WT doe tenderloin 3 of 3.jpg

Feenix, slick way to marinate instantly is to put marinate in one of the Seal a Meal bags and suck the air out with the Seal a meal. All marinate is instantly sucked into meat. This is great fix for using on meat prior to going into the dryer for Jerky, also.

Another way, is to have the tenderloin cubed. I found two great ways to cook:

a. put the cubed in the crock pot and cook in Cream of mushroom soup after
adding favorite meat season

b. coat with your favorite spicy mustard on one side, dressing, etc. Then coat with Pork
shake and bake. Bake in the oven. You will eat till you pop. Sandwiches the next day are awesome.

It can never be red enough.

Since I was a kid I nibble on small bite-size pieces of raw venison meat, I did it when my dad was was cutting some up for whatever you was going to cook and now whenever I'm cutting up venison for any stew for dish that I'm cooking I still do it.

You can think of it as Venison Sashimi, its the best and @FEENIX I am sure you've tried it and provably love it. I make it sometimes when we have guests without telling them its venison, everyone loves it, even after I tell them what it actually is.

Recipe sounds good but most importantly you cooked it right. I here plenty of people who say they don't like duck or venison. They're always the same people who insist on meat being cooked well done.

On the marinating bag idea, I'm sure a vacuum seal would be even better, but I don't have that set up. I put the marinade and meat in a gallon zip lock bag, roll it around to make sure it's coated, fill the sink with hot tap water, submerge the bag bottom first until I get up to the seal to force out all off the air, seal, leave in the water for 30 minutes.

Besides marinating the meat this gets it warmed through. Then all you have to do is seer the outside.

Feenix, slick way to marinate instantly is to put marinate in one of the Seal a Meal bags and suck the air out with the Seal a meal. All marinate is instantly sucked into meat. This is great fix for using on meat prior to going into the dryer for Jerky, also.

Another way, is to have the tenderloin cubed. I found two great ways to cook:

a. put the cubed in the crock pot and cook in Cream of mushroom soup after
adding favorite meat season

b. coat with your favorite spicy mustard on one side, dressing, etc. Then coat with Pork
shake and bake. Bake in the oven. You will eat till you pop. Sandwiches the next day are awesome.

This boils down to personal preference. As you know I like an excellent and tender cut of meat rare. I do not like to waste meat that is already tender but would slow cook a tougher of meat on a crockpot.

It can never be red enough.

Since I was a kid I nibble on small bite-size pieces of raw venison meat, I did it when my dad was was cutting some up for whatever you was going to cook and now whenever I'm cutting up venison for any stew for dish that I'm cooking I still do it.

You can think of it as Venison Sashimi, its the best and @FEENIX I am sure you've tried it and provably love it. I make it sometimes when we have guests without telling them its venison, everyone loves it, even after I tell them what it actually is.

Yep! :D

RAW venison.jpg

I'm not huge on getting kicked when I stick a fork in my dinner. But that looks cooked good enough to me . I'm a firm believer in fire kissing good meat . The only meat I am sure to almost over cook is turkey and bear . Of wild game anyhow. Bear meat especially don't want worms

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.