WOW 338 whisper is a great round.

bigrich954rr

I went all out had a full custom gun built for this round. will try to get pics up. First the surgeon action is one tough action. i just love the way its built. only thing i dont like is the remington extractor. but every thing else is tops. plus the rail is built in. let me put some more time in on this gun to see if theres anything i dont like.

But about this round i just started to play with loads. this will take a while to get a good one never played with anything like it.One load got a ONE HOLE GROUP FROM A SUBSONIC ROUND but the pressure was a little too high.so more work ahead. All rounds going around 1000 fps. At 100 yards barely pushed by the wind . Went though a cider brick at 100 yards and though a cardboard sheet it has more power then i though. will do more test over time. Very quiet no need for ear plugs with out a can.but when i get my load done i will get you guys a db reading. Just give me time i gave up sleep to go play with this. Work keeps getting in the way of life.

awesome!!! I have been wanting to build a .300 or .338 whisper for a while now. please post pics, and any more info you feel like posting.
I was leaning toward the 300, but Shawn was saying that the .338 kicks its butt.

can't wait to see pics!

love to see pics also. I am doing a .338 WSM on a Surgeon action.

David.

i will try to get some pics up soon work keeps getting in the way of my life. Go with the 338 round ive only played a little with it so far but i like what i see.

You will be very happy with this action. whats the easy way to post a pic on this site.

click this for pic's

do you have a digital camera? if you don't want to try and post pics on here, could you email them to me?

also, what kind of $$$ did you lay out for this thing? and what kind of can are you going to get for it?
I was thinking about going integral, but not sure?

ok these pics suck working on better ones
Surgeon Tactical With the hard plated coating on bolt only.
barrel 1 mike rock 21 inch 6.5 twist 5R lands threaded for can with installed break. breaks more for a crown saver.
barrel 2 obermeyer 24inch 1-11.25 Stainless 5R barrel
threaded for can with installed break.
A-5 thumbwheel/ sniper/heavy fill 2 flush cups
BO mag system 3 mags with jewell trigger
finished in flat black Cerakote
I havent pick out a can yet. just started looking total ran me 3600 The reason for the whisper barrel being 21 and not short like normal this will be my NY deer rifle. NY=NO cans trying to see how quiet it can be with out it.
1Oct-1.jpg
2Oct.jpg

awesome, thanks for the pics. when you get more with gun all set up with scope and everything, please post.
ya, that is kind of a long barrel for a whisper...do you think that the longer barrel quiets it down much?

thanks, jon

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts