Worst thing you have purchased for reloading

A neck turning kit for .40-82 brass. Yes, I can use pieces of it for other calibers but it was $200 that I didn't need to spend at the moment. The brass thickness wasn't the issue.
In fact, I have wasted money on .45-90 brass, three .406-caliber molds, .40-82 dies, and many other trinkets to help me reload .40-82 for a rifle that has no rifling left. So, now I get to decide if I want to sleeve the bore back to .40-82, re-bore it to .45-70, or sell the 132-year-old rifle.

Would not shoot worth a crap. Also so soft they hugged the rifling and pressures spiked. Do a google search one guy got the jacket stuck in the barrel.
I have heard the soft jacket complaint before, just wanted to know what your specific experience was. Barnes are pure soft copper too, and there's a reason they went to a grooved design after the original x bullet. FOULING AND PRESSURE SPIKES!

I wonder how HBN treating these kind of bullets might help?

If I'm not wrong swift sciroccos are pure copper jackets too and have a reputation for outstanding terminal performance but being finicky as all heck to load for.

I must be one of the few lucky ones but I can honestly say that I've been happy with all my reloading tools I have. My rcbs hand primer has some hiccups with small rifle primers from time to time but with some de burring and smoothing of the internals it's working better now. I use mainly Redding equipment except for my hand primer and trimmer they are rcbs.
Now components are another story. I refuse to use hornady brass, most Winchester brass isn't much better quality wise but at least it's cheaper.

Concentricity/run out measuring device.

Buy one and you'll see why.
Ah!!! This has been on my to buy one day list!!! I'd rather not buy one and see if why! What do you regret about it? I'm really intrigued by the concentricity gauges that allow you to attempt to push the projectile to true concentricity, but then I realize it has to square up perfectly in the chamber for that to matter and probably doesn't. 🤣