wolves or no wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real problem is that we are constantly trying to "set back" an ecosystem to it's original balance, or however the hippies writing their thesis want to word it.

Nature is never static, and there was never a period of balance. All animals on all landscapes are always in Flux. Trying to achieve numbers from a previous Era ignore the fact that that was a snapshot in time and not indicative of the long term populations. Ballot box biology is the worst way to manage wildlife. Giving the citizens of Denver the vote on how many sheep get eaten in farm country is an idiots game. Wolves were here before and to some degree were always around.

I'm not soft hearted about it, so as far as I'm concerned, wolves can learn to coexist with man, or can be killed off again. There are plenty in Mexico, Alaska and Canada. They aren't going extinct. It's a ballot initiative. It's a way to get soccer moms to vote for democrat politicians because in the end, neither have to deal with them.

The real problem is that we are constantly trying to "set back" an ecosystem to it's original balance, or however the hippies writing their thesis want to word it.

Nature is never static, and there was never a period of balance. All animals on all landscapes are always in Flux. Trying to achieve numbers from a previous Era ignore the fact that that was a snapshot in time and not indicative of the long term populations. Ballot box biology is the worst way to manage wildlife. Giving the citizens of Denver the vote on how many sheep get eaten in farm country is an idiots game. Wolves were here before and to some degree were always around.

I'm not soft hearted about it, so as far as I'm concerned, wolves can learn to coexist with man, or can be killed off again. There are plenty in Mexico, Alaska and Canada. They aren't going extinct. It's a ballot initiative. It's a way to get soccer moms to vote for democrat politicians because in the end, neither have to deal with them.
Well said!!

Wolves are great for Canada. Any that step foot out of yellowstone are trespassing and need popped. If they keep the wolves eating everything down people will quit wasting there time buying hunting licenses. Peta wins. Its all part of a large snowflake agenda.
^^^ this is exactly what's going on ! Reintroduce wolves or introduce them into areas that they were not previously. They will deplete the game which we hunt . PETA will win a huge victory then the gun control crowd has even more ground don't have a huntable population therefore , well you don't need that there gun ! It's all part of a larger agenda.

The wolf reintroduction to the lower 48 has really been a disaster , compound they keep moving south in Colorado with this nonsense and you have a complete sham ! Ad an apex predator to a game rich environment ad livestock and you create an explosion in population growth . Wisconsin just held its wolf hunt and all you see is the press claiming they overshot their kill numbers , I wonder if it ever dawned on anyone there are more wolves than they previously had thought ? Sportsman and ranchers/ farmers are always going to get the short end of the stick .

They have NO Business Introducing them. Well Unless Suburbia Wants to give back all the Land, Shopping Mall, Developments Etc...
The 3 S's or better yet shoot so they can run Off a mile or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.