Wolves Dying!?!

DNR says there are no mountain lions in eastern states too. There are and in every state on the east coast in spite of experts.
Absolutely. True about the lions in the East states. I lived in Pa. most of my life, had 11 acres in SE. pa. Almost 20 years ago. After a snow. Plowing my driveway. Saw these tracks and discovered that they were from a cat. Not a house cat or eve a large Bobcat. These tracks were big. And the distance between strides were much longer, a neighbor about A quarter mile away. Thought he saw a large cat walking across his field. I called the game commission and was told No such animals like that existed here. Nobody came out to look at the tracks or nothing. But I've seen several pictures of them. Since In Pa. 🙄

MIDNR denied their existence for years now has a web page and acknowledges they are here. A couple "illegal" kills plus post mortems on animals "convinced" them otherwise. The DNA is linked to North and South Dakota so far. Let's see; deer, elk, small game, domestic animals; they are here to stay.

PA will be in same position at some point. Mountain lion populations have outgrown their own areas so youngsters wander and take up residence far outside normal ranges.
LINK: MIDNR Cougar

Idaho officials are offering bounties for hunters and trappers who kill wolves in hope of reducing livestock attacks, the Associated Press reported.

The state budgeted $200,000 for the bounties available through next summer. The money will come from licensing and fees for hunters to the Idaho Department of Fish and Game and will be distributed by Idaho's Wolf Depredation Control Board in partnership with the Foundation for Wildlife Management, a group that strives to protect deer and elk herds.

Hunters will be paid $2,500 for killing a wolf in an area where Fish and Game says wolves are chronically preying on livestock and $2,000 per wolf in locations where the department says predators are keeping elk from "meeting management objectives." Hunters can also receive $1,000 per wolf in the northern tip of Idaho and $500 per wolf in other areas.

Idaho has a 72 hours trap check , data shows that the majority of catch's come after the third day so that would help trappers a lot .

Recent Posts