Wolf in town

sp6x6

Well after all season and no wolf. One runs threw town this week, location Kalispell, MT. I live in nearby tri city area. The wolf had a coller and F&G could not get a reading, wolf from ? or collar not working, picture in paper of it trotting by a fence.

That's a good sign. If they start eating little yipper dogs and cats out of some yards it will rally the bitchy wife movement. Then they are as good as delisted and open season!

I've got a buddy with a trail cam near the east side of the old steel bridge. He's seen two over the last couple years. I just hope they stop along the river long enough to eat someones poodle.

Just saw the news footage, it's on the KCFW9 website as well. The wolf was at the middle school football field, just off of Threemile Dr. I'm having trouble figuring out why FWP said the collar wasn't working, but didn't tranq. the wolf and replace the collar? Especially on a wolf that's wondering around a school... in town! Hope this opens some eyes around here.
Cody

Probably him in sherriffs log in paper today, wolf chasing a dog. F&G called. Farm to market RD. Livestock out that way, running the gauntletgun)

A wolf was ran over tis weekend, same road I drove about 1oo times wolf hunting, well highway 93 West,no collar

I wrote 93 west, that is what I meant, some how my father in law new about before me, but he's an old newsman, lives inKalispell. Im in the Fish:D
How far west of the Fish? I thought I saw one run across the road near the intersection of Farm2Market and 93 last week, but it was still dark and I wasn't sure. Looked like a smaller black one, but it could have been a dog too.

I think it was right in that general area, they mentioned a ridge that game down and game cross, there is that one past Beaver lake and winter range

I think it was right in that general area, they mentioned a ridge that game down and game cross, there is that one past Beaver lake and winter range
I thought so. I've seen them on the hwy around there several times over the last few months. Something tells me there weren't any skid marks around that road kill:D! I see them pretty often around the Dicky Lake area too. Bummer that they're always near the hwy... where observing them through a scope is frowned on.

Then that guy killed a PURE BREAD, domestic, at Ferndale this week. That got loose from owner? That has permits etc. Happened before also, what happens when loose and they decide they want to run with the pack?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.