Winchester USA 45 Gr. JHP vs Ballistic Silver Tip ?

DrKvorkian

Hi guys. I just purchased a Sako Stainless Synthetic model 75 in a 22-250. (finally found one without the key concept) I have shot about 4 boxes of the 50 gr Ballistic Silver Tips out of it and been happy with the accuracy. What I havent been happy with obviously is the price of this ammo. I live in Idaho and we have lots and lots of rock-chucks, coyotes, and other animals, not to mention the paper targets. At the price of this ammo, I wont be able to afford to shoot much longer. Without time to reload, I was wondering if any of you "accuracy guys" have put the much cheaper Winchester USA 45 Gr. hollow point that comes in the 40 round boxes for right at $20 dollars a box to the test. I realize in most cases you get what you pay for, but I guess im crossing my fingers that you guys have found this cheaper amunition to be accurate as well. The sako has a 14 rate of twist and a 22 7/16" bbl if that helps at all. Thanks so much for the help.

Worst case scenario would be to buy a box and try them. Every rifle is different. You will note however, most of us on here reload our own ammo for precision, not to mention cost savings and you cant buy wildcat ammo. My dad uses the 223 45g winchesters and they shoot .75" at 100 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.