• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Winchester Staball HD powder

338RCM

Have 4 -1lbs bottles of Staball HD powder. I bottle has been openened and loaded 5 rounds
Trade for Ramshot Magnum or 165 Sierra 30 cal Gamechangers

$150 FTF Denver Metro

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, you have had better results with Ramshot magnum than staball HD? I would be pretty curious what that cartridge is. I got very similar velocities with both in my loads, but better groups with the staball in my 300 PRC. Neither have given me satisfactory results, but I'm super curious what exactly people are using them for with success.

6.5 PRC

Havent shot any Magnum yet but would like to try it.

I'm sure it works for something, but it was easily the worst powder I have ever tried to use in my 300 PRC, 25-06, and 270Win. I've never used ball powders prior to that so maybe that is typical for that powder shape. The Staball HD worked better in my 300 PRC, but still inferior to extruded powders.

Every rifle is different, the stabal hd is working very well in my 7 prc with 143 hammers, I'm going to try 155 hammers next for a bit more mass. To me this powder is an underdog, readily available in my area

Every rifle is different, the stabal hd is working very well in my 7 prc with 143 hammers, I'm going to try 155 hammers next for a bit more mass. To me this powder is an underdog, readily available in my area
I tried with hammers in the three cartridges I mentioned and it shot horrible. Really odd for a hammer bullet in my experience.

I tried with hammers in the three cartridges I mentioned and it shot horrible. Really odd for a hammer bullet in my experience.
I said that wrong, I tried the Ramshot Magnum with hammers in three cartridges. The Staball HD was just in the 300 PRC with the hornady eld-M 225 and shot decent.